Chapter 8

Kellin's POV
I couldn't last without Vic. There was no way I could do this. I hadn't talked to him or my father for about a month. But today, I would talk to both.

I left the house without letting my dad know, and I headed to Vic's. When I arrived, I knocked three times. He opened the door without emotion in his eyes, but when he realized it was me, they were filled with something different.

"We...we need to talk." I stammered.

"Okay." He agreed. "Come on in."

I walked in hastily while he led us to his room upstairs. Nobody was home; it was silent. He opened the door to his room and sat on the chair next his desk. I sat on his bed as my feet dangled from it.

"Well first off, I'm sorry." I started. I could already feel my eyes watering.

"I am too." He stated. "I'm sorry for continuing when you said your dad was gonna be home soon and I'm sorry for getting us caught. I'm mostly sorry for staying away from you, but I have no choice. I'm even scared to be near you right now." He finished, eyes glistening.

"I know, I know. I heard the conversation. I just...I miss you and..." I looked down sadly. "I've come to the conclusion that...I...I love you." I told him.

It was true. After the month that we'd been separated, I realized that I did love him. Even if we weren't together long, it only made sense to express these feelings as love. True love.

"I love you too." He said. "I want to work this out so badly, but we can't and it breaks my heart."

"What if we kept it a secret? What if I only hang out with you after school, before my dad gets home from work?" I  asked.

"We could try." He stated. "Could you stay for a while longer today, please?"

"Of course." I replied.

He came over to the bed and sat next to me, hugging me and lightly placing a kiss on the side of my temple. I snuggled up to him and rested my head on his chest.

"I missed you so much, Vic." I whispered.

"I missed you too, babe." He spoke softly. After not hearing his voice for so long, it felt nice to hear it again.

"You know, when I first met you, I thought you were just a fuckboy. I thought maybe you just wanted to corrupt me for a good one night stand, but in the end, you didn't corrupt me at all. You only made me realize who I really was and I appreciate that." I told him.

He looked down at me with a smile, "To be honest, at first, I did just want you that way. It was all fun and games to me, but after hanging out with you longer, I wanted real relationship and so I asked you to join me in one. Thank god you did, because who knows what I'd be doing if it weren't for you." He chuckled.

"Probably fucking someone random." I joked.

"Most likely." He agreed.

It's weird to think that in such a small bit of time, I've changed so much. For goodness sake, I was a super shy introvert not too long ago. I'm thankful for the change though.

°

(Thanksgiving Day)

"Dad, I'm sick of having Thanksgiving alone. Is it okay if I go to a friend's house instead. I got invited to eat with their family and I really want to accept the offer." I asked.

"How do I know that this friend isn't that Mexican ex-boyfriend of yours?" He wondered suspiciously.

"Vic? I haven't talked to him for weeks. You said I wasn't allowed to." I lied.