Chapter 5

Kellin's POV

The next day I woke up feeling a kind of awkward vibe coming from the world. I didn't know exactly what it was but it was there for sure. I got ready for school, just wearing a black shirt with gray jeans and black TOMS. It was honestly a bad outfit but what did I care? I felt lazy.

I walked out of my room and I was met with my dad's voice.

"Kellin, there's someone at the door for you." He said.

"Okay." I mumbled and walked over to the door.

I turned the doorknob, revealing Victor Fuentes: the weirdest popular kid I've ever met.

"Not to be rude, but what're you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to give you a ride to school. I figured you deserved one after that good kiss last night." He replied with a charming smile.

"Shhhhhhh!" I said with a giggle. My dad was still in the living room. "I'll be out in a second."

With that, I shut the door before finishing getting ready and telling my dad goodbye. When I got in the car, I wasn't at all surprised by Vic's next question.

"He doesn't know that you're gay?"

"Hell no." I replied. "I barely know that I'm gay! Plus, he's super homophobic and he already hates me so I wouldn't want to give him another reason to want me gone."

I looked down as I thought about the situation. Luckily, Vic didn't question me anymore. For the rest of the ride, we just talked about school drama, music, the fact that he wanted to take me on a date, and more. It was kinda nice to be alone with him, even if it was just a carpool.

°

Vic's POV

I couldn't wait to take Kellin on a date. It's quite funny, actually. Usually, I just look for guys to be fuck buddies, but Kellin has changed my mind. He is super hot, but can be super cute at the same time, and I like that. It makes me realize that there's so much more to him then what he puts out. Like the fact that he really does have emotions and he isn't just a sassy little bitch.

I also wanted to ask him to homecoming. I've never gone with someone before, but I feel like it will help my chances in winning him over. Even though he acts like it doesn't mean much to him, I saw the way he eyed that poster. Only a blind person would believe that he didn't want to go.

I want to make him happy, that's all.

°

I decided to ask him to homecoming on our date! When he came to P.E. that day, I approached him right away.

"So...what about that date?" I asked him with a smile. He looked so cute in such messy clothes.

"What about it?" He responded with a smirk.

"Can I take you on it, you fucking potato?" I clarified sassily.

"Hmmm, I don't know about you but if it were me, I wouldn't be attempting to date a potato." He giggled.

"Can't you just give me a break and say yes?" I pouted.

"Fine, whatever. Pick me up at 8 on Saturday, pizza rat."

°

Kellin's POV

Don't get me wrong, I liked Vic. It was just fun to give him a hard time.

But tonight...

Tonight was gonna be different.

It was 7:45 and I was just about ready when my father finally questioned me.

"So, you're finally going on a date with a girl, huh? I'm proud of you son! For a second there, I almost thought you were...homosexual..." He laughed. "Thank god you aren't!"

"Yeah... thank god." I mumbled. "Anyway Dad, h-she's here so..."

I walked out the door happily eyeing Vic. He was wearing a dark blue button up shirt with short sleeves and a white bow tie, paired with khaki jeans and red Vans. Casual, but still classy.

I was wearing something similar; black jeans, black converse, a black button up, and a red bow tie.

"You look cute." Vic said while smiling.

"Same to you, young sir." I joked.

He simply smiled and rested his hand on my thigh. I appreciated his attempt to be all cute and comforting but I didn't want to let him too far off the leash.

"Hey, um..." I mumbled, glancing at his hand.

"Oh sorry." He blushed and removed his hand.

When we arrived to the restaurant, Vic got out of the car and asked to hold my hand. I allowed him, realizing that his hand fits perfectly with mine. It was really warm too.

"Reservation for Victor Fuentes?" The concierge asked.

"Yep, that's me!" Vic replied excitedly.

We walked together toward our table. I sat on the opposite side of the booth as I tried to hide my smile.

"So, Victor, huh?" I asked him jokingly.

"Dammit. I thought maybe you'd let that one go." He laughed.

"Of course not." I laughed with him.
°
We talked about many things as we ate our food. I learned a lot about Vic, actually. The best part, though, was when he told me about his love for music. It was interesting, really. I didn't really picture him as the music-obsessed type.

"So I have one more thing for you, if you don't mind." Vic suggested.

"Vic, if it's sex, I'm not down. Sorry." I joked with a straight face.

"What? Kellin, no." He said, confused.

"I'm kidding, dingus." I laughed. "I do want to see the rest of the date, though."

"Okay." He smiled.
°

So the rest of the date was definitely the best part. We went to a really cliché stargazing park, really only made for kissing in cars. But that's not all we did. I mean yeah, we made out a little, but that's beside the point! So anyways, we were watching the stars when Vic decided he needed to use the restroom.

I sat there alone, still watching the stars. That's when Vic called me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just turn around." He responded.

"What? Why?" I questioned but he hung up before I could really ask, so I just went with it and turned around.

I gasped when I saw it. There was a huge blue sign with little lights to resemble stars. It read, "Homecoming?" in the little lights. Next thing I know, Vic peeps out from behind the sign, holding a dozen of black-dyed roses. He knew my emo self so well.

"So? Got an answer for me?" He asked, eagerly waiting for my response.

"I'd love to go with you." I smiled. He kissed me on the forehead and my nose. Just little sweet pecks to show adoration.

We got in the car and he reached for my hand.

"I only need one hand to drive when you're with me." He told me.

I nodded and softly grasped his hand, secretly loving his touch.

And we stayed just like that, in a comfortable silence, for the rest of the ride.

°
Drama - Coming Soon to Theaters Near You.

Also guys, this chapter is way longer because I learned that it is a lot easier to type on my laptop than on my phone.