Chapter 14

Kellin's POV

I squeezed Vic's hand tighter as my hot chocolate fell to the ground.

"M-Mom...?"

"How the fuck is that your mom, I thought she was dead?!" Vic whispered harshly, obviously freaked out about the situation.

I ignored him as many people walked past us, irritated that we were standing in the middle of the pathway.

She was by herself, in all her glory. Her black hair was tied up in a bun, her lips wore her usual bright red lipstick, and she had an outfit in all black. She looked just like before.

"Kellin, omigod!" She finally spoke, running over to me to hug me tightly. I hugged her back like I'd never see her again, because who knows if I will?

"I can't believe it's really you. I can't believe you're here." I told her, Vic just standing by.

I gestured for us to walk out of the park, that way we could talk properly.

"Sooo," I sat down on the bench, well, not exactly. I sat on Vic's lap and he sat on the bench. "How are you here? I thought you killed yourself." I said in a weak voice, remembering how my mom was stripped from my life so quickly.

"Killed myself? Oh, no, dear. I stayed in Michigan for about three more months before cutting your dad completely out of my life. He threatened to ruin my life if I didn't separate myself from you for good, but I came out here today looking for you. He's been hiding my existence from you for far too long and I couldn't bare to not see you anymore. You're coming with me back to Michigan, Kellin." She said.

There's no way in hell I was doing that. As much as I love my mom, I couldn't leave Vic. I loved him and I hated Michigan so much. Maybe she only wanted to take me back to keep me away from my dad.

"Mom, I don't live with Dad anymore. I live with Vic and his Aunt Rosa." I smiled at Vic, hoping she'd support me for my sexuality. "Dad kicked me out about two months ago, when he found out I was gay..."

"Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you. I love you no matter what, okay?" She told me.

I sighed in relief, "I love you too, Mom. I still can't believe you're alive."

She smiled at me and pulled me in for a warm hug. I had had to learn not to crave the feeling of my mother's warmth for so long, but after all this stress and drama, this was exactly what I needed.

"Hey, Mom? Wanna come meet Vic's Aunt? We're going to dinner after this." I asked her.

"Sure, sweetheart."

°

We had to explain everything to Aunt Rosa and of course, she was fine with it all. My mom actually didn't have a place to stay at the moment, so Auntie Rosa was gonna let her live with us. Everything was so surreal and moving so fast, but honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. I had missed my mom so much and deep inside, I didn't like the way I had changed so much without her. I didn't mind being gay, of course. That wasn't a change. But I did mind being a very closed-off person, who only was sassy when they weren't being shy. I was even defensive now. When my mom was around, yeah, I was still introverted, but I wasn't like this and I was never sassy. I was almost always sweet and polite.

At the moment, we were at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.

"So, Kellin. Tell me about you and Vic." My mother requested with a smile.

"Well, we've been dating for quite a while now. Uh, we met at school, he's in my P.E. class and he asked me out a few days after homecoming, when we went on a date." I told her, smiling at Vic the whole time.

"Your son's a very stubborn kid, so it was really hard to make him mine, but it was worth it in the end. Now, his sassiness is one of the many things that make me love him." Vic added.

"Kellin? Stubborn? I couldn't imagine that if I tried." Mom replied.

"If only you knew, Lisa." Auntie Rosa chuckled, "I remember Vic telling me that he was starting to give up on Kellin, because he was playing too hard to get."

I blushed at the statement. It made me feel all warm inside knowing that Vic never really did give up on me and that he talked about me to other people in positive ways.

"So, Vic, what happened to your parents, if you don't mind me asking." Mom questioned.

I tried to warn her that that probably wasn't a very good question to ask, but she didn't see me.

"Oh, um...actually, when Kells got kicked out, he came and lived with us for maybe 3 months, but my parents kicked us out. They didn't like that Kellin wasn't Mexican, but of course, I don't mind."

I'm so glad he answered that well. It was such a touchy topic, but he chose to go with the safe route.

I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling the love around the room.

°

We got back home and my mom and Auntie Rosa talked in the dining room while Vic and I cuddled on the couch, watching Netflix. My mom brought her luggage with her in her rental car, not expecting  to really go anywhere. She had originally just wanted to come get me and go back to Michigan. I didn't want her to go back at all. I wanted her to stay here in San Diego with us.

Maybe I could convince her to move.

°
Really shitty and short //: sorry about that. I'm writing a parody one shot abt me and another wattpad user but I won't say who yet. lol I hope this was sucky enough 4 you.

Love,
Kellin.

P.S. Comment your favorite character!