Twice as Innocent*

Re-Written on 6/24/16

Blake Anthony Dane walked through the door of her house wiping sweat from her forehead. She had just finished with her Mixed Martial Arts class. The house was dark, the only light that could be seen was the sun through the old torn curtains hung on the windows. Flipping the light switch did nothing to lighten the room. This didn't surprise her, her aunt and uncle basically paid nothing but the rent; as if the waters and gas were nonexistent.

As she turned around, her sister came running down the stairs, tears streaming down her face. Cora? Blake thought. Her eye roamed Cora's body before landing on the black bruise on her jaw. Cora Sadida Dane ran behind her twin. Their aunt and uncle came rushed down the stairs soon after. "Get back here you little rat!" Clair Blood exclaimed. They both paused as they saw Cora hiding behind Blake. "Get out of the way." Jarvis Blood snarled as her. Blake made no move to obey, glaring daggers at her so-called guardians.

"You will do as we say!" Clair shrieked

"Please Blake," whimpered Cora.

Blake's emerald eyes turned dark as she heard the fear in her twin's voice. She gently tugged her sister towards the front door. She kissed Cora on the head before pushing her outside. Whenever this happened, Cora would go over her friend's house for the day. Cora hesitantly walked down the driveway, breaking into a jog as the door of her house closed.

As Blake turned to face the nightmares that haunted her life, she was slammed against the front door. Jarvis drew his arm back to his much-hated niece. She dodged his punch skillfully and rose to her feet. Because she was so tired from class, she sustained more damage from his punches then normal. She gasped in pain when her ribs were punched a third time. She wasn't going to last much longer, so she switched to offense, sends multiple jabs his way. In the corner of her eye, she saw Clair running up the stairs. Coward, she scoffed in her head.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

While her husband and her niece fought, Clair ran upstairs to her room. She had noticed that Blake was coming home later than usual. She'd also have injuries that weren't from her or her husband. She figured that she was getting bullied. Seeing her now, Clair realized that she had been wrong about what was going on with Blake. The way Jarvis was struggling to keep the girl at bay, she had been training, not getting bullied.

The reason she had gone upstairs was to call the police. Since Blake was the one sending most of the hits, they would arrest her instead of them. She was doing it for self-defense, but they didn't have to know that. Blake can't speak and Cora is too afraid to. When the phone picked up, she molded her voice into a façade of fear. Clair starred in multiple plays in her high school years. However, she never had good enough facial expression, hence the reason she wasn't living her dream in Hollywood. She could have starred has the voice in an animated movie, because of the way her voice could change emotions. However, she thought she was above that.

"911 what's your emergency?" said the operator.

"Please help, my niece is attacking my poor husband." Clair made the sound of a woman sobbing.

"Attacking? For what reasons? Will an ambulance be necessary?"

"I don't know why! She just came home and seemed to be angry about something and starting hitting him! I fear she'll beat him to a pulp if she's not stopped!"

"I will be sending help at once. Could I have your address ma'am?"

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Blake wiped the blood away a drop of blood as she felt it drip down her forehead. Her body ached. Jarvis had much more duration than she had estimated. Despite his duration, she had still gotten him pretty good. You could already see a bruise by his eye where she'd punched at least three times. His shoulder ached from the punch that send him into the corner of a picture on the wall.