Chapter 3

A/N: Surprise! another chapter up, and it's only been what, three days or so? This story is absolutely one of my favorites that i have written so far. It's just a lot of fun describe all the background stuff and make things happen as though fate had a part to play. But with Louis and Harry, it's always fate, isn't it? Hope you guys enjoy. Comments are much appreciated! All the Love, as always xx

~L

____________

Louis' POV:

I woke up slumped on the floor of my sister's bedroom, very groggy and unsure of why I was there. I looked around and saw Lottie and Fizzy curled up in their respective beds, each of them holding a twin as they all slept. It came rushing back to me suddenly and I pressed my lips together hard to keep from crying. The events of the night before played in my head like they were happening all over again.

It had started out well enough. I went down for dinner. Luckily, Lottie had come to wake me up before Mark could, and so I was pretty safe through dinner, since we ate as a family. We talked about our days and just had a normal meal, and for once, you'd think we were a normal, functioning family.

"I've got to pick up some things from the store. I'll be back soon, yeah?"My mum said, standing up and holding out her hands for our plates. My two youngest sisters, Daisy and Phoebe, handed their plates over, but I stood and took mine and the rest of them. Mark glared at me behind my mother's back, but I ignored him and took the plates from my mum as well. She smiled and pecked my forehead before grabbing her purse and keys. Bidding us all goodbye, she hurried out to the car. The moment the car was gone, Mark was out of his seat, stalking towards me.

"So you think just because your mother came home and you got away that you can avoid me forever? No. I will not have a faggot for a son. I'd rather you be dead."

"Dad, please, don't say that," Fizzy interrupted, but she flinched horribly when he turned to her and clamped her mouth shut.

"You shut up!" Mark roared at her, and the twins cowered against Lottie and Fizzy, looking about ready to cry. Mark didn't like it when they cried. He just got more pissed.

"Why don't you?I can be whomever I want and if you can't deal with that, maybe you should get the hell out of here," I retorted. Lottie sucked in a breath of warning, but I wasn't about to let him scare me into silence. I was the man of this house, not him.

I ducked as a plate came flying at my head. Apparently, I had missed Mark's plate when I picked them all up. The girls looked frightened, and I motioned for Lottie to get them upstairs as Mark advanced on me. They ran for it and I stood my ground as Mark lifted another plate. I didn't even have the time to consider what to say or to get out of the way before it shattered right above my head. Tiny shards of glass hit my face and I closed my eyes, trying as hard as I could not to wince at the pain. I could feel a small trickle of blood down the side of my face and I opened my eyes back up to look at Mark. No expression needed, I just looked at him. He was breathing heavily and looked like he wanted to throw something else, but thought better of it. In that moment, I got the hell out of there, sprinting up the stairs and hurrying into the room where the girls were waiting for me, huddled up on their beds. I closed the door quietly and locked it, hurrying over to them.

"Everyone alright?" I asked, checking them all carefully, and they nodded. Fizzy brushed away some of the blood on my face and I gave a small smile.

"No worries, Fiz. I'm alright."

"Lou...Lou stay with us...please," Daisy whispered, her voice laced with fear. I hugged her gently and forced a smile onto my face.

"Of course I will," I said, and I settled on the floor next to their beds, humming a song that I knew well. The best way to get them to sleep was music, and they liked it when I sang to them.