Chapter 10

A/N: I'm really sorry for how long it's taking me to get stuff up on here, college is kicking my butt right now and I have a lot of projects due in a short amount of time. This chapter is a bit short, because at this point, i just need to switch pov. so expect the next chapter up within the next day or two. Love you guys, hopefully you are enjoying this story. All the love, as always xx

~L

PS: THIS RBB/SBB COUNTDOWN WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME I SWEAR, its technically the 25th where I am right now (its midnight) and I don't know if i should be scared or excited. Hope it all wrks out

________________

Harry's POV:

Monday morning came faster than I expected. I had spent about three hours on the phone while Liam tried to calm me down and get me to explain to him slowly what was going on. So I was running late and only on four hours of sleep and no breakfast. I dashed into school and almost ran right into Liam, who was waiting inside the door for me, like always.

"Haz, slow down. You've got plenty of time." He chuckled, and I let out a huge breath, not realizing how fast I had been running. As we walked down the hallway, though, I could feel the mood change between us, and Liam looked over at me, seeming to be debating on whether to ask me something or not. Finally, he just went for it.

"So...about that phone call last night..." he began slowly, and I felt my heart rate pick up at the mere mention of it. I had been completely crazy for half of it, having no idea what I was saying, but only that it had something to do with the overwhelming feelings I had for Louis.

"I, umm...like Louis?" I said in barely more than a whisper, and Liam snorted.

"Well, no shit. I could only have guessed, seeing as you spent the better part of half the night rambling about him. But my question is...what are we going to do about it?"

I thought about it, and in all honesty, I had no idea what to do. I liked Louis a lot more than I would ever let on, but there was something that I needed to figure out first. I needed to know if Louis was, for one thing, gay in any way, and then I had to know why he was sad. I would date him no matter what, that is, if he asked me or whatever, but I wanted to know what was making his world so dark and dreary, what had driven him to be this cold-hearted person in school when I knew he had a soft heart underneath.

Somehow, Liam seemed to understand, even though I didn't say any of this out loud, and he just nodded, stopping at his locker. I opened mine, which was next to his, and we gathered our things. As I turned around, I caught a glimpse of Niall's blonde head coming through the front door, but I couldn't see Louis. Niall had his head down and his arm around someone, but I wasn't yet tall enough to see over the heads of the crowd.

"Is Louis alright? He looks a real mess," Liam commented quietly, and I stamped my foot in frustration, unable to catch sight of Louis before he and Niall were around the corner, heading for their own lockers. I could feel a lump rising in my throat...what if something had happened to Louis after I dropped him off? What if he was hurt? Liam must have seen my panicked expression, because he put a hand on my shoulder and looked me dead in the eye.

"He's not hurt, at least, not that I can see. He just looks really worn out, that's all. Just...ask him after class. You have your first class with him, right?" I nodded silently. "Yeah, just make sure he's alright. I'm sure he'll talk to you."

"I'm not so sure...we are in school, after all. He might just blow me off," I mumbled, but Liam just gave my shoulder a squeeze and hurried off to class as the warning bell sounded. I closed my locker and kept my head down as usual, hurrying through the halls and sliding into my seat three minutes early. Simon was still behind me with a bandage across his nose and a very pained expression. I couldn't help but feel a bit happy about Louis breaking his nose...he really kind of deserved it.