Chapter 17

A/N: IM FINALLY ON BREAK YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! means more chapters quicker for you guys. Had exams last week so I couldn't really get anything up. I hope you guys didn't give up on me. Sorry about that cliffhanger, by the way. All the Love, as always xx

~L

________________

Harry's POV:

Liam and Niall found me in the same position I had been in when I had called. My hand hung limp next to my, my phone on the ground, and my ankle was throbbing, twisted at a weird angle from how I had collapsed on the floor. I could hear the murmur of voices as police searched the house for evidence of what had happened, but I couldn't bring myself to speak or move.

"Haz, it's gonna be okay. We are going to find him, I promise." Liam said soothingly, looking unsure as to whether he was allowed to touch me to comfort me or not. Niall was pacing the room, his fingers tapping endlessly on his thighs as he thought, biting his lip in concentration.

"Harry, I need you to talk to me. Who was it? What happened?" He said finally, stopping in front of me with his arms folded, probably in an attempt to stop his hands from twitching. I wanted so badly to answer him but I couldn't find the words. It was like I had been rendered completely mute by what had happened. "Harry, for fuck's sake, talk! We can't just sit here!" Niall yelled at me, and I cowered, thinking of the man's voice as he had yelled at Louis. Tears, which had stopped right before everyone had shown up, were threatening to escape my eyes again. Liam moved towards me, kneeling down and pulling me into his arms, and glared at Niall.

"Niall, don't. He's terrified, please don't make it worse. We are going to find him, he just needs time, and us freaking out over it will not help. I know he's your best mate, but we have to think rationally and calmly about this. Please."

Niall sighed and sat down on my other side, shaking his head. "M'sorry...I just...I'm scared for him. I don't want him to get hurt or something...Harry, I'm sorry."

"It-it's alright..." I finally managed to speak some words, my voice shaking and gravely. My throat immediately closed up as tears rolled down my cheeks, and I buried my face into Liam's shoulder, trying to get hold of myself. "Just...took him right from my arms...fucking hell, I couldn't save him...was too slow...hurt...it hurts..."

"I know...I know, Harry. It's going to be alright..."

"N-no...my ankle...sprained it while I was...I think..." I mumbled, pointing to it, and Liam and Niall both looked at it carefully in concern.

"Might just be a very small sprain...we can get someone to wrap it up for you..." Niall said, now speaking softly, as though afraid he would make me cry again.

A policeman and a few others walked into the room and I clamped my mouth shut, absolutely terrified. I knew they would ask questions...lots of questions, and I didn't know if I could answer them.

"You must be Harry...tell us what you saw!" The tallest one demanded, his voice booming over me. I immediately thought of the man who had taken Louis and shivered, feeling Liam's arms tighten around me.

"Don't wait all day, boy, answer him!" said the other, and I just wanted to cry. Why were they pressuring me? Couldn't they see that I was scared? Did they even fucking care how I felt as long as they got their answers?

"Leave him alone! Can't you tell he's scared? How about asking him nicely instead of acting like a right prick, why don't you?" Liam growled, rubbing my arm to comfort me. A female walked in, her kind eyes looking over me, and she knelt down in front of me, offering a small smile.