Chapter 6

A/N: Hello! here we are with chapter 6. hope you guys are loving it so far! got a lot in store for this fic, kind of going to experiment with some ideas, so get ready. comment what you think so far, so i know which direction to take this story. All the Love, as always xx

~L

____________

Harry's POV:

After Louis left, I didn't really do that much talking. I left Liam to do the register and busied myself with baking in the back. I was too confused about everything that had just happened to say anything anyway. Louis had treated me like a person. He didn't do that for anyone, unless you count Niall, but that wasn't the only thing. I had stood up for him, which I don't do. I'm normally too shy to say anything to anyone, especially the people who were now in the bakery.But they were making fun of Louis for something he couldn't control and it wasn't right. So the words had basically come spilling out of my mouth without my permission. And then it got weirder. He had defended me in a public place, and against people that I had thought were his friends...He had basically attacked Simon because he called me a fag. If we were friends, it wouldn't have been so surprising,but Louis and I weren't exactly best mates. More like...random acquaintances, if that. At that point, I thought things were going rather well, until Louis basically yelled at me and told me it was my fault that he got hurt. I tried not to be too hurt by it, but it wasn't even the words. It was the way he looked at me when he said them. He looked sad, almost broken in a way. Like he knew he was hurting me and he couldn't help it.

"Haz...you alright back here?" Liam poked his head around the corner. I nodded quickly, turning away from him so he wouldn't see the tears that had started to gather in my eyes. Why was I so emotional over someone who didn't care about me?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I sniffed, trying to compose myself. "Liam, I'm fine, really."

"No, you're not. But that's okay. We can talk about it later if you want. You can come over to mine and we can eat junk and play FIFA all night if it makes you feel better. Or we can just sit and talk, whatever you like."

I gave a watery smile, nodding so that my flyaway curls bounced into my eyes. "Yeah...sounds good...thanks, Li."

"Of course, Haz. Always there for you. Come on, it's time to close up. Barbara is almost done cleaning the floor out there and then we can go."

I followed Liam out to behind the counter, untying my apron and pulling it over my head as we walked around the counter and out into the small waiting area, where Barbara was just finishing up.

"All done, boys?" She asked, and we nodded. She stood up and gave Liam a hug. "Thanks for all your help, love." He nodded and then went outside to wait for me. Barbara turned to me, a sad smile on her face. "He'll come around, I'm sure, sweetie." I gaped at her, not exactly sure what she was referring to, but she pinched my cheek and patted my bum on my way out.

________________

We got to Liam's house and I called my mum, making sure that she knew where I was. Liam's mum had food all ready for us and sent us upstairs to Liam's room with a light kiss to each of our foreheads. We got up there and Liam turned on the TV, and we just sat there and ate in silence. I wasn't really paying any attention to what was on, but Liam seemed to be enjoying it, so I just let him, staying silent and pecking at my food.

The noise suddenly stopped and the weight on the bed shifted. Liam was right next to me, looking at me in concern.

"Out with it, Harry. You look like you're about to explode. You can talk to me about anything, you know that."