Chapter 22

A/N: It's been a while..sorry about that. It's been a rough couple weeks for me, and I just didn't have time to write a lot. Anyway...hope you all haven't left already. A few chapters are left, so stick around for those! Love you all, all the love as always xx

~L

________________

Harry's POV:

"H-how did you f-find me?" I stuttered as Barbara helped me stand and lead me to her car.

"This is where I always come to think...kinda out of the way...c'mon, love, we need to get you home and warmed up." She opened the car door and helped me sit in the seat, not even commenting on the seat belt as she sped away towards my house. My entire body was shaking and tears were rolling slowly down my cheeks as I attempted to stop them.

"Looks like you could use a friend...why don't you call Liam?" Barbara suggested, and I nodded jerkily, fumbling my phone before finally hitting Liam's number.

"Hey, Haz! Was just about to-"

"Li...I need you..." I managed to get out, my voice sounding very choked.

"Harry, what...what's wrong?"

"L-Lou...Louis, he..."

"I'm on my way." His voice sounded extremely protective and he hung up as we turned onto my street. Barbara pulled into my driveway and turned the car off, coming around to the other side to help me out of the car and up the front steps. She knocked on the door and my mum answered it, her smile disappearing the moment she caught sight of me.

"Harry, baby, what happened?" She directed the question more at Barbara as she helped me inside, my legs shaking too much to actually walk properly.

"Not sure...he called me and asked me to come get him...was a mess when I found him. He said something about Louis, so I'm not sure if something happened there..."

I choked back a sob when Barbara mentioned Louis' name and my mum's eyes flashed with anger as she guided me into the den, pulling off my slightly damp shirt and wrapping me tightly in blankets. She and Barbara talked for a bit out in the hall in hushed voices, and then the door was pushed open.

"Liam, love, what are you d-"

"Sorry, Anne...Harry needs me."

Two seconds later, Liam was bursting into the den, hurrying over to me and sitting down next to me, pulling me into a hug.

"What did he do...?" Liam asked at once, and I swallowed, the tears that had just stopped threatening to start up again.

"L-L...He b-broke...broke up with me..." The words came out breathy and chopped off, and though I was sure Liam was angry as fuck, he didn't react in an angry way. On the contrary, he pulled me into his arms completely, hugging me close and cuddling me to his chest.

"Oh, Haz...fuck, I'm so sorry...I never thought he..."

I shook my head against his chest, biting my lip until I drew blood to keep from actually crying. I couldn't talk about it, it was too fresh in my mind, and in my heart. My Louis had left me...he didn't want me anymore. He had reverted right back to the person he had been when I met him, and I just couldn't take that. Not after all the other times he had hurt me.

Liam just cuddled me for a while, rubbing my back and rocking me gently, just trying to get me to calm down. After a while, I could breathe normally again and I had stopped shaking, for the most part. Liam pulled back a bit and let me settle on the couch, looking at me.