Six ➵ Stars

"Okay so there's four tents for the fifteen of us. Who's sharing?" DK asks.

"I'm with Jeonghan, you and Woozi." Joshua replies and DK nods.

"Alright. Next?"

"I don't want Areum in a tent with three other boys. She's staying with Kim Eui." Dino interrupts and my eyes widen. "Is that OK with you, Eui?"

"It's perfect." She grins, looking at me with a false smile.

I notice Jun and Wonwoo exchange panicked looks and I know they don't like the idea of me sharing with her.

"I want to stay with my boyfriend, though. Vernon, Areum and I will stay in the three-person tent if that's alright?"

"Sure, Eui." DK nods.

Woozi, Minghao, Seungkwan and Hoshi stay in one tent while the other boys, Jun, Wonwoo, S.coups and Dino in the other.

I change into my pyjamas behind the van so I'm hidden. I'm about to walk to the tent but I stop when I hear my name.

"You totally like Areum." Is what I hear and I discreetly move closer to the voices, crouching behind the van's large wheel.

"I don't, she's too young." My eyes widen when I recognise Seungkwan's voice.

"You're only a year older than her," A voice belonging to Woozi laughs. "Anyway, age is just a number, right?"

"Shut up," Seungkwan mumbles. "Anyway, where is she? She's been gone for ten minutes."

I cough to catch their attention and I they turn around, wide eyed.

"H-how long have you been there?" Seungkwan asks, panicked.

"I've just gotten here, why? Have I missed anything?" I frown, pretending to be oblivious to the situation.

"No, not at all. You just gave me a fright." Seungkwan sighs in relief.

"Alright, well goodnight guys." I say as I pass them.

They both say goodbye and I proceed to walk to the tent which I'm sharing with Eui and Vernon. I unzip the zipper and climb inside, almost jumping back in surprise when I see Eui sitting on my best friend's lap, kissing him passionately. Vernon notices me and gently pushes Eui off of him in shock.

"Sorry, Ar. I didn't know you were there." He apologises looking flustered.

I laugh halfheartedly. "It's alright."

I lay down onto the thin mattress opposite the two and sigh, closing my eyes. After a restless hour consisting of sounds of whispering and giggles from the couple, they finally both fall asleep and I'm left wide awake. It's so cold inside the tent and I have no spare blanket, only the warmth off my thin hoodie is protecting me.

Carefully, I unzip the tent and step outside into the dark, cold air. I walk towards the van to fetch a blanket but I freeze when I hear footsteps echoing through the silent atmosphere.

My heart beats loudly as I suddenly snap out of my brief daze and jog to the van instead. I glance behind me and when I turn to face forward again, I lose balance and fall onto the muddy ground below me.

"Damn." I curse and push myself off the ground.

When I reach the van, I jump inside and change clothes again as mine are dirty from the mud. As I'm throwing a hoodie over my head, the van door suddenly opens and I scream loudly.

"It's just me," Joshua whispers and shuts the door behind him. "Calm down."

"I thought you were a murderer." I laugh quietly and continue pulling the hoodie over me.

"Sorry. Why are you changing?"

"I fell into mud," I admit and Joshua sniggers causing me to hit his arm playfully. "Hey, don't laugh. It was traumatising."

"Can't sleep either?" He asks and I nod.

"Vernon and Kim Eui's 'I love you' and 'I love you more's kept me awake unfortunately. You?"

"Woozi is a snorer."

"Ah." I laugh.

"You coming?" He asks and offers his hand for me to take, which I do.

"Where?"

"The beach." He says, turning and grinning at me as he pulls us out of the van and to the sand.

"It's like three in the morning!" I protest but can't stop the smile which grows on my face.

"So? It's never too early or late for an adventure." He smirks.

We reach the sand and he pulls me with him, running towards the shore. The sand seers into my socks but I don't mind, I'm too happy to care.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asks, stopping and pointing to the mesmerising, starred sky above us.

"Absolutely."

"You see that star there, Areum?" He asks and points to a shining star which is evidently brighter than the rest.

"Yeah?"

"It's like you," He smiles and I frown. "You shine from the rest, you're different."

I stay quiet, thanking the darkness for hiding my burning cheeks.

"I've never met a girl like you," He continues. "Your main priority isn't impressing people, you're just you. And I respect that."

"Thank you, Joshua."

"Would you like to sit? My legs are aching." He laughs quietly and I nod.

"Sure."

I sit next to Joshua and our arms are resting extremely close to each other's. He then turns to face me again.

"Are you cold?" He asks, concerned.

"Kind of."

"Here." He begins to take off his jacket and I shake my head, using my hands to stop him.

"No, you keep it on. I don't want you to freeze."

"Fine," He sighs, probably knowing I'm too stubborn to allow him to get cold. "Dino will kill us if he finds out."

"I know. I love him but he's just so protective." I laugh lightly.

"That's what brothers are for, Areum."

"It's getting late...we should probably head back." I admit and he agrees by nodding.

"Sure, good idea. I'm tired."

"Thank you, for tonight. It was really sweet."

"No problem, Areum," He smiles attractively as we reach the tents. "Good night."

He leans forward and kisses my forehead and my stomach tightens as my head races. Did he really just do that?

"Goodnight, Joshua."

Authors note:
The jareum ship is sailing!
Thank you to anyone reading and/or voting for this story, it almost has 100 reads and I only uploaded it yesterday!