Eight ➵ Fight

Author's note: Thank you for reading this book!
Which song from the Boys Be mini album is your favourite?
Mine is Rock :)

"How was the Ferris wheel?" Dino asks and slings an arm around my shoulder.

I feel my cheeks burning slightly. "It was fun."

"Yeah, it was great." Joshua agrees and looks at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Come on, we're going on the water slide." Woozi calls and I shake my head.

"I'll pass. I don't like water rides."

"Neither do I," Kim Eui states and I turn to look at her. "It makes my hair wet."

"You two can wait here, we'll be back soon." Dino states and my eyes widen.

"I'll stay with them." Wonwoo says.

"No, you go on the water ride. They're your favourite." I say and place a hand on his shoulder.

He leans forward so his face is next to my ear.

"Be careful." He whispers and I nod.

"I will be."

The boys proceed to run to the water ride leaving Eui and I alone in an awkward, silent atmosphere. She looks at me with hatred evident in her eyes before huffing and turning away.

"I still don't like you." She says just loud enough for me to hear.

"I don't like you either."

"You know what?" She turns around and glares at me. "I don't even love Vernon."

I stare at her angrily. "Then why are you dating him?"

"You know why!" She shouts, attracting the attention of a few strangers.

"I don't!" I whisper-shout, trying to calm her down.

"I love Jun! I always have and always will."

"You will never be with him." I hiss and she stares at me, shocked before raising her hand and slapping me hard against my cheek. I gasp and put my hand against my cheek which is now burning in pain.

I look at her in anger, haunting memories and flashbacks of the constant taunting and bullying flashing before my eyes. And suddenly, all I can see is red.

My hand raises and collides with her cheek and her face snaps to the side. People around us gasp and stare but I can't comprehend anything but anger and rage, adrenaline running through my veins.

"What's going on?" Vernon's voice asks, appearing from nowhere.

"Your best friend slapped me!" Eui shrieks and holds her cheek.

"Areum, is that true?" Vernon asks seriously, holding his girlfriend by his side.

I look at him, defeated before nodding.

"Why?" He asks looking disappointed in me.

"She hit me first." I say as the other boys appear.

"How do you expect me to believe you? Her face is red already!" He shrieks.

"What's happened?" Dino asks and I look down, feeling tears in my eyes.

"She hit me first." I say quietly, my voice cracking.

"Areum," Wonwoo says softly and places his hand under my chin, lifting up my face. "Don't cry. I believe you."

"Vernon doesn't."