Twenty Two ➵ Thank You

"Aren't you happy that you're out of that place?" Dino asks as we drive away from the hospital.

"Ecstatic." I mutter emotionlessly.

He sighs and turns in his seat so he's facing me. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes and a sympathetic expression on his face.

"Come on, Ar, cheer up." He begs and our mum shakes her head.

"She's alright, Chan, leave your sister alone." She remarks as we drive through our street.

I stay silent and when the car pulls up at our drive, I immediately step outside and walk into the house. It wall looks the same, nothing has changed since I've been away.

"Areum, what would you like for dinner?" My dad asks me.

"I'm not hungry." Without giving him a chance to respond, I jog upstairs and into my bedroom.

I immediately walk towards my mirror and begin to rip the photos of Joshua and I off, which I had stuck around its edges. I tear through most of them before angrily proceeding to throw them onto the floor.

I sit onto my bed, frustrated tears growing inside of my eyes.

I haven't spoken to Joshua since we broke up two weeks ago. I haven't spoken to anybody really, not even Dino or Vernon. I've simply kept to myself and sat in self pity for the past fortnight.

I glance at my bedside table, seeing a framed photo of Joshua and I. It's before the paint balling game and we're both standing with our fake plastic guns, dressed camouflaged clothing with bright smiles on our faces. I stare at it, anger and sadness penetrating me before I lean forward and pick it up with shaking hands.

I look at it again, seeing how happy we were. His arm is around my waist but you can't see it, he didn't want to show any affection incase our relationship was discovered by everyone. I let out a cry of frustration and violently throw it onto the floor, the glass shattering and the wooden frame breaking.

I start crying again, something that I've been doing a lot recently.

I crouch down and begin to pick up the glass through blurred eyes. I feel a sharp edge cut through the palm of my hand and I wince in pain.

I hear my door open but I don't look up. I only know who it is when I hear their voice.

"Areum, stop it..." Seungkwan's voice says softly.

I move my hands away from the glass and look at him. His face softens when he sees mine, and I slowly look towards my hands where I see blood.

He moves towards me, wrapping his arms around mine to help me stand. He brings me to my bathroom and sits me on the edge of the bath, fumbling around the cabinet for something to aid my hand with.

"Shhh, don't cry." He whispers and gently strokes my hair.

He reaches for my 'emergency aid box' and places it onto the sink. He then reaches for my hand and pulls it underneath the tap on the sink. The blood rushes off but I can only just see; the tears in my eyes are blurring my vision.

"It's okay, Areum, don't cry." He says softly as he wraps a white bandage around my hand.

"Why are you here, Seungkwan?" I ask with a hoarse voice.

"I wanted to see how you're doing, we've all been worried about you."

"I'm fine." I say although I know just as well as him that I'm not.

"You don't need to lie, Areum, it's okay, you can tell me."

"I'm so sad." I admit in a whisper.

"Come on, let's go and sit down and you can tell me all about it." He reaches for my hand and pulls me into the bedroom, sitting us both down onto my bed.

"I miss him so much."

"I know you do. He misses you too."

"We used to talk everyday, now we don't talk at all. I hate not talking to him. Every time I see a photograph or news article about us I just break down."

He looks at me sadly and squeezes my hand, whispering an assuring 'it's okay'.

"I've never felt like this before, Seungkwan."

"It's okay to feel sad, Areum, in fact, it's natural. But you won't feel sad forever, it may take a while but it won't last, trust me."

"Thank you."

"We have an award show to attend in a few weeks, I'd love it if you were my plus one guest." He offers, smiling softly.

"I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, but paparazzi and cameras aren't really my scene."

"It'll be fun, please at least think about it."

"I will."

"Good." He grins brightly.

"Thank you for coming here," I thank him sincerely. "I really need someone right now."

"I'll be that person, for as long as you need me to be."

I reach for his hand and hold it tightly. And again, I mutter thankfully those two words to him.

"Thank you."

Author's note:

Sorry this is really short!

I hope you like this chapter, it's taken me two days to write haha.

I love Seungkwan and Areum's relationship so much <3 

The reads on this book are going up like crazy, thank you all so much for reading :)