Twenty Seven ➵ After Party

there's more kind-of-not really-smut in this chapter...??? i'm sorry??? you have been warned

After the award ceremony, we all headed back to the flat where the older members live to celebrate their win. They all immediately pop open bottles of champagne but Dino insists that I have lemonade instead. Typical Dino, being over protective.

"Let's make a toast," S.coups announces, holding up his glass. "To Seventeen's first major award!"

The boys cheer, colliding their glasses together in celebration. I'm so proud of them for winning.

"Joshua is drinking!" Jun laughs as we watch the older boy chug his drink.

Joshua is usually always the more mature member, never drinking so he could watch over his brothers. But tonight I guess in an exception.

"Let's watch our speech," Wonwoo suggests. "I recorded the Ceremony on the television."

We all agree and sit by the sofas as Wonwoo finds the correct channel. He fast forwards the show until it reaches their award and he plays it, turning up the volume.

"Seventeen!" The woman announces and the camera is immediately switched to us.

I watch as we all cheer through the television screen and hug each other in happiness. I sit at the table as the thirteen boys make their way to the stage, all grinning and patting each other's backs.

"Wow," S.coups breathes into the microphone. "I didn't expect us to actually win this award because we were up against such great bands. But thank you all so much for voting!"

Jun speaks next, moving forwards and behind the microphone stand. "We'd like to thank our management and staff for being great and always helping us. And of course our fans for making this happen."

Woozi then steps forward. "We'd also like to say a huge thank you to our dance choreographer and teacher, Jongin for helping us with the incredible dances he helps us create! And again, thank you to all the fans!"

The show then returns to advertisement and Wonwoo switches off the television.

"It seems so surreal." Mingyu smiles widely.

"I suggest we party." Hoshi says loudly and everybody agrees.

He starts to play some music through the speakers and dishes out more alcohol, for everybody but me of course.

"Sorry, Ar." He says apologetically as he pours me some lemonade instead.

I laugh. "It's fine."

As the night continues, the boys grow progressively drunk. Dino seems to be the worst, probably because he's the youngest. Joshua just sits and laughs at almost everything anybody says. He must be a giggly drunk.

"Areum, have a drink." Minghao urges and I glance at Dino who just shrugs.

I decide to take advantage of my brother's drunk state and nod. "Okay, I will."

I pour myself some champagne, drinking it slowly. I don't want to get drunk, I don't like the idea of not being in the right state of mind. And having a headache in the morning doesn't appeal to me either.

I sit beside Joshua on the sofa who immediately wraps his arm around my shoulder. He laughs and leans closer to me until his face is practically touching mine.

"You look great in that dress." He whispers, giggling and I blush.

"You're drunk." I whisper back to him, tilting my head so I'm looking into his wandering eyes.

"I may be drunk but I'm not blind."

I laugh. "You sure are full of compliments today, Jisoo."

"Hey, you two, stop being a couple in front of us. You do know that I'm lonely, right?" Seokmin laughs and I look down, embarrassed.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Joshua announces and quickly stands up, almost falling down right away but I steady him. He turns to me and laughs. "Thanks, star."

After he leaves the room, Jeonghan turns to me. "Star?"

"It's a long, long story." I giggle and he nods understandingly.

"I am so jealous that you talked to Jackson, Areum." Woozi sighs and the other boys nod in agreement.

"Me too," Vernon inputs. "He's my favourite."

"You can all stop fangirling over Jackson Wang," I laugh. "You'll be meeting him someday."

"We know. But you met him first." DK says lowly and I only laugh again at them.

"Where is Joshua?" I ask and they shrug. "He's been away for ages."

"I don't know," Minghao shrugs. "You should go and look for him. He might have passed out in the bathroom."

I nod, standing up from the couch and making my way out of the front room. I look through the corridor and Joshua is nowhere in sight. I sigh and make my way to bathroom, knocking gently on the door.

"Joshua? Are you in here?" I ask softly and when there's no response, I slowly open the door and peak inside.

He's not in here either so I frown and shut the door. I turn around and gasp when I see Joshua standing in front of me, a cheeky smirk on his face.

I place my hand on my heart. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I laugh.

"Sorry." He whispers lowly and moves towards me.

I gulp as he places a hand either side of my head and leans in, connecting his lips to mine. It feels like déjà vu. I kiss back, my hands wrapping around his waist.

"I'm so sorry I left you..." He mumbles almost incoherently into the kiss.

A few minutes ago, he was giggling and laughing but now he's sad and low. He must be a multiple-moods drunk, not just a giggly drunk.

"It's okay." I whisper and continue to kiss him.

With the little alcohol running through my system, I grab his shoulders and pull him closer to me. He responds by moving his hands from the door and to either side of my face, deepening the kiss further. My mouth parts and he's quick to take advantage and explore mine, a whole new feeling for us both.

"I need you." He whispers breathlessly.

"The boys are here..." I mumble lowly. "And you're drunk. I don't want to take advantage of you like that."

He groans but doesn't complain further, but decides to continue to kiss instead. I move my hands to his hair, something which I know he loves and gently pull on it.

"Don't tease, star." He whispers and finally pulls away, leaving us both breathless.

"We should go back." I tell him, wiping my now-red lips.

He nods and grabs my hand, leading us back into the room with the boys. But before we enter the room, he stops us and whispers the words which I've missed hearing so much.

"I love you, star."