Eleven ➵ Hospital

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, we need to leave now." S.coups rushes and we all agree.

After changing and paying, we jump into the van and head off back to the centre of Seoul, our home. The journey is quiet, everyone seems sad and anxious.

"Did Kim Eui say what happened?" Jun asks quietly.

"A car hit him when he was crossing the road. The driver is unknown, they sped off." S.coups says sadly from the front seat.

"Let's hope the police find whoever did this." Dino says and we agree.

"Is he hurt badly?" I ask quietly.

"She didn't say."

I hope he's alright and recovers soon. I don't want to lose my best friend.

Even though he declared us as not being best friends, I will always consider him as mine.

"How far away is the hospital?" Woozi questions.

"About half an hour away, now." S.coups responds.

"I'm really worried." I whisper to Joshua who's sitting beside me.

He takes off his jacket and places it over both of our laps, before finding my hand and holding it from underneath the jacket so nobody can see.

"He'll be OK." He says quietly.

"But what if he isn't?" I question, my voice cracking and my eyes watering.

"Don't say that. He's strong, he'll be fine."

"I hope you're right."

For the remainder of the journey, I stay quiet, not uttering a word. When we eventually pull up outside of the hospital, there's already paparazzi queuing outside, waving cameras and microphones in front of our faces.

"Please respect our privacy during this time." S.coups, the leader, says politely before we all head into the hospital and towards the reception desk.

"We're here to see Hansol Choi." Jun says, leaning impatiently over the desk.

The blonde haired woman scans her clipboard before looking up.

"He's on this floor, room 231. He's not allowed visitors just yet but you're all welcome to wait in the waiting room beside his."

"Thanks." Wonwoo bows politely before we walk to find his room.

There's a nurse outside and we quickly run towards her. She looks up when she sees us and frowns.

"May I help you?" She asks.

"We're friends of Hansol Choi. How is he?"

"Oh, Hansol?" She asks and we nod. "He's currently in the operating room. He suffered two broken ribs, a minor concussion and he's unfortunately broken his left arm in two places."

"He won't die, right?" Jeonghan asks with tears evident in his dark eyes.

"No, of course not. He's expected to make a full recovery."

"Thank goodness." I breathe in relief.

"As soon as he's out of the operating room, you can visit him."

"Thank you, nurse." Joshua bows and we all walk to the waiting room where Kim Eui is already sitting.

"You came?" She asks me, looking disgusted at the sight of me in front of her.

"Of course I did. I care about him."

"If you really cared about him then-"

"Eui, don't start. We're in the hospital." Hoshi says impatiently.

"Where were you?" I ask and Kim Eui looks at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Where were you when Vernon was hit? Weren't you with him?"

"No," she snaps, picking at her brightly coloured nails. "I was at home. I was going to meet Vernon at a restaurant in town."

"Has anyone rang his parents?" Seungkwan asks and Kim Eui nods.

"The hospital rang them earlier, they were on a business trip in Osan but they're catching a train here in the morning."

"Are you all here for Hansol Choi?" Another nurse asks, appearing at the doorway and we all nod vigorously.

"We are." Kim Eui says, pushing her way to the front of the small crowd that'd gathered.

"He's out of the operating room now. He's awake but he's a bit drowsy due to the drugs. He's allowed two visitors at a time, who wants to go first?"

"Me, obviously. I'm his girlfriend." Eui says obnoxiously.

"Who else?" The short nurse asks and everybody looks at me.

"Areum should go." Joshua says and Eui's face twists in disgust.

"He hates me. Someone else can go." I say sadly.

"He doesn't hate you, Ar." Dino says quietly and places a hand into my shoulder.

"Alright, I'll go but I'll not stay for long."

"Ugh, fine." Eui groans and I follow the nurse into the room.

She opens it and I can immediately see Vernon lying on the hospital bed, with cuts covering his face and his arm wrapped in a cast.

"Eui." He smiles tiredly but it fades she he notices me standing behind her.

"Hi, Vernon. How are you feeling?" I ask softly.

"I could be better." He says coldly before looking away, his eyes lighting up when they land on Kim Eui.

He begins to talk to her and I suddenly feel nonexistent in the corner of the room. I stand, looking at my feet with tears collecting in my eyes as my heart twists in sadness.

"Did you enjoy seeing your friend?" Vernon asks and I unnoticeably begin to listen to them.

"Yes, it was really nice. I left as soon as the hospital rang me, she didn't mind."

But wasn't Kim Eui at home?

"Aw, babe." Vernon says and leans forward to kiss his unfaithful girlfriend.

"I exist, you know?" I say unexpectedly and the two turn to face me. "I know Vernon, that you're too obsessed with your horrendous, cold hearted girlfriend to care but a few days ago, we were inseparable best friends. Your bitch of a girlfriend slapped me and you took her side against mine. You don't know this but Kim Eui and I already knew each other, but not in a good way. Ever since I started high school, her and her posey have bullied me continuously. She doesn't even love you Vernon, she told me. Please, please believe me. I would never lie to you, you know that, I promised, remember?"

He stares at me, shocked.

"It's your choice, Vernon. Either you believe me, your best friend of over a year or her, your unfaithful girlfriend of what, a month? I'll give you time to think." I say before walking out and shutting the door behind me.

I breathe a sigh of relief that I managed to finally speak my feelings.

But an unmissable feeling of dread fills my mind, knowing the unfair reality will be Vernon believing Kim Eui over me.