Forty One ➵ Final Chapter

an; read the author's note at the end, please don't panic!!

"Are you ready, Areum?" Dino asks from behind the door.

"Yes!"

A few weeks ago, a couple of days after Kim Eui was arrested and I became no longer a suspect, I was asked to attend an interview with the boys due to popular demand by their fans. I'm nervous because they all seem to know about Joshua and I being together now and I don't know how they'll react in the audience.

Dino opens the door and steps inside. "The interview starts in 5 minutes, sis, hurry up."

I nod. "Fine, I'll not be long."

After readjusting my hair which the stylists created for me one last time, I make my way towards the room where the interview is being held. The boys are already sitting on a collection of sofas and the small audience are chatting excitedly, and when I walk into the room, a few of the girls squeal and I kindly wave.

"Hello, Areum," the interviewer greets and I bow politely to her. "It's a pleasure to have you here. Please, take a seat, we go on air in a few minutes."

"How are you?" Joshua asks when I sit beside him in the spare space.

"A little nervous," I admit.

"Don't be, it'll be fine." He promises and I hear a few fans in the audience 'aw' at his words.

After checking our microphones and the cameras, the interview begins.

"Today we have the biggest newcomer group, Seventeen! And of course, our maknae's twin. Please introduce yourself."

I look into the camera and wave. "Hi, my name is Lee Areum, and I'm the twin sister of Seventeen's maknae, Dino."

The audience cheer slightly and I laugh shyly.

"It's a pleasure to have you here. Boys, please introduce yourselves for those who may not know who you are."

"Hello everybody," Minghao pronounces in his best Korean accent, bowing to the audience cutely. "My name is The8."

"He-" Mingyu can't even finish his word before the crowd erupt in cheers causing us all to laugh. He looks down and blushes before continuing his introduction with a wide grin on his face. "I'm Seventeen's visual."

"Hello, I'm Wonwoo and I have the deepest voice in Seventeen." He introduces and we all giggle.

The remaining boys introduce themselves and after, the questions begin.

"So, Areum, what were your first impression of the boys?" She asks.

"I thought they were awful," I say in a serious tone before laughing loudly alongside everybody else. "I'm joking, of course. I thought they were all nice, weird, but nice."

"Interesting," she laughs. "We have reasons to believe there's a romance in the group, care to share?"

I look down, blushing and the audience make 'aw' sounds. "Um, yeah,"

"We're together," Joshua smiles and my heart races quicker.

"How cute," she comments. "Dino, do you approve?"

"At first I didn't," he admits honestly. "But Joshua's a great guy and I know that he'll treat her right."

"That's what we like to hear. Vernon, there was speculation that you had a particular love interest. Is this correct?"

We all share knowing glances with each other before Hansol just shakes his head.

"No, that's not true."

"I have a chance now!" A random girl in the audience shouts and I feel tears grow in my eyes due to how much I laugh.

"Dino, and you?"

"I'm actually dating Jasmine from the rookie group, GFS."

That's the first time he's ever announced their relationship to the public, and I notice some girls in the audience smile, others look disappointed but happy for him nevertheless.

"Really?" The interviewer asks, raising her eyebrows. "That's a pleasant surprise. What a lovely couple you make."

The interview continues and I progressively grow more comfortable, even with the many cameras in front of my face. When it ends, we say our goodbyes to the interviewer and the audience before heading backstage.

Joshua follows me into my dressing room and I hug him.

"I was really nervous but I thought that went really well, didn't you?"

He nods. "It did. You were great, by the way."

"Thank you. You were too,"

"I have something for you," he says shyly and pulls a small box from his back pocket.

When he opens it, there's two silver rings with beautiful patterns decorating the rims inside and I gasp. They're Promise rings.

"Joshua, you didn't have to..." I whisper and he shakes his head.

"I did, anything for you."

These must have costed him a fortune. He picks up one of the rings and slides it onto my finger, it's the perfect fit.

"Considering we're too young to marry, I thought these would possibly suffice." He chuckles and I laugh as I feel tears surface inside my eyes.

"Thank you, they're beautiful." I tell him as I put the remaining ring onto his finger, beside the finger which holds the ring all of the boys also have.

"It's my pleasure."

Right now, everything seems to be going amazing. My boyfriend is perfect, my worst enemy can no longer terrorise me, I finish school in less than a year, I have an amazing brother and of course, a group of slightly weird but loving best friends. Life really can't get any better.

Little did I know that everything would flip upside down in a matter of months.

final author's note; yes, i'm ending this book here!! but don't worry because.....

I'M WRITING A SEQUEL!!!

sorry this chapter was a little shitty but it was kinda cute i guess, i have BIG plans for the sequel and a MAJOR plot twist!!

please don't delete the book from your library because i still need to post the q&a (please ask me questions! ^.^ ) and also a few updates about the sequel.

this book has just turned #63 in fanfiction, thank you all so much :)

thank you all for all of the support i've had for this book. i appreciate each and every read and vote and comment so much.

while you're waiting for the sequel, you can check out my other books if you'd like ;)

ALSO, i was thinking of making a spin off ff about dino and jasmine ???? idk ????

A FINAL THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH I WILL SEE YOU SOON! REMEMBER TO WATCH FOR THE SEQUEL WHICH SHOULD BE OUT VERY SOON XXX