Chapter 3 Saved By The Chime

Watch the closet doors or else the night consumes you more
Taking every piece of innocence that never sees the light

Jack's P.O.V

My eyes darted over to the vicious smaller version of Freddy on my right, then at the one on my left who bared his mechanical fangs. The one in front of me, who seemed like the younger, more playful one of the group, slid his stubbed paw across his neck, telling me I was doomed.

There was nothing I could do. They were surrounding me. There was no where to run. Of course, I could try to run out one of my bedroom doors, but what good would that do? Even if I did manage to escape these little guys, the bigger and scarier ones would have an opportunity to grab me. And I do not want that.

So there I stood, my legs frozen in one position. It felt like everything from shoulders to my feet had been paralyzed, my head the only part of my body moving so I could examine the tiny beasts around me.

"Help," I whispered under my breath, "someone please help me."

The small Freddy on my right made its way to my ankle and examined it with his dangerous, white glowing eyes. Frozen stiff with fear, I could only watch and wonder what it was going to do. We're they going to kill me? Or are they waiting for the others to arrive? You never know with monsters like these.

It raised a paw, getting ready to start clawing me. I flinched, waiting to feel his claws dig into my skin. But nothing happened. I felt no pain at all. Everything fell silent- the Freddys' hissing and growling came to a halt. Then, the most calming and beautiful music sounded off in the room. It sounded just like the tinkling of a musical wind chime creating a tranquil melody from gentle winds. I wanted to open my eyes, but it felt as if they were glued shut.

"Well, well, well," an anonymous voice spoke softly with grace, "what do we
have here?"

That voice. I recognize it from somewhere. But where have I heard it?

My eyelids raised. In front of me stood a glorious creature. She was, in fact, a human, but at the top sides of her head there were two dark yellow bear-like ears. Her hair matched the dark yellow color of ears. It went a little past she shoulders, the bottom of it having a spiky pattern. She also had the same color of bangs that covered her left eye completely.

On the top of her head sat a small purple top hat with a darker shade of purple lace around it. She wore a white undershirt with a lavender blazer. Her pants were black along with her dress shoes. A dark purple choke necklace decorated her neck that went rather well with her tan skin.

She bat her eyelashes- only her right eye could reveal that. She smiled warmly at me, but when she looked down at the Freddys, it turned into a hateful scowl.

"You three," she barked sternly, her teeth clenched, "you have no right to be near that child. I suggest you leave him alone now or there will be consequences"

Each Freddy blinked once. Twice. Three times. Simultaneously, they laughed at the bear, err, human. The one in the middle fell on to its back and laughed mockingly. The other slapped its knee, doing the same.

This angered the girl. I could tell because she bared her fangs just like that had done early. But her teeth were bigger and, possibly, more sharper they theirs were. The bears froze and gawked at her teeth. Her light purple eye faded black, a white dot, known as the pupil, centered it.

"Leave...NOW!"

The Freddys scattered around my room towards the exits. The two older ones ran out the doors. The youngest one neared it, but face planted the door frame instead. I couldn't help but laugh. It shook its head. Gave me the death stare. It hissed. The girl in front of me eyed down the creature. Within an instant, it fled out the door.

This...thing...it saved me...
Saved by the bell? More like saved by the chime.