Chapter 8 Tiny Troublesome Traps

Break, break, break my heart
Break it 'till I fall apart
This can't be real
This can't be right
Now die inside the flames
Of your fright

Goldmare's P.O.V

My back pressed against the wall and my feet were spread apart so I was ready to attack whoever was making that scratching noise. Irritated mumbles came from outside the room. They weren't intelligible, but they had a higher tone than Fredbear's voice. Maybe it wasn't him, but I wanted to take full precaution. No one hurts the child while I'm around. The mumbles became louder, as did the scratching. Suddenly, it stopped. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jack tense up. Moments passed; nothing happened.
"Hmm?" I hummed in question. With the front of my dress shoe I pushed open the bedroom door quickly and peered outside. No one was there. "Well that's...odd." I examined the wall. Surely enough, the scratching sound was in fact someone scratching it—you could tell from the tiny claw markings in them. Just as the voice, though, it was no where near Fredbear's. "Who is it, Goldmare?" Jack asked from behind me. My light purple irises focused on the claw marks. Who made these if it wasn't Fredbear? "I think it was just a false alarm, dear. No need to worry."

I turned back around to view Jack, a reassuring smile on my face. But was I really so sure it was a false alarm? The markings were there to prove something was there. On the other hand, there was nothing. I mentally noted that Jack's eyes glanced over at something behind me, his small smile turning into an expression of shock and alert. "Goldmare! Look out!"

I raised an eyebrow. Look o-
"Hyaaaa!" A high pitch voice screeched behind me. Suddenly, a minor sharp pain signaled in the back of my neck. It felt like tiny needles being pierced in my flesh that clung on to me. I winced and tried taking hold of whatever had a grip on my neck. But when my hand neared it, even more tiny pricks stabbed it. They weren't big enough to cause me serious pain, but they still made my hand sting. I howled at the uncomfortable feeling and whipped my hand away. When I did, I felt the needles get forcefully pulled out my neck. A flash of yellow flew through the air when I yanked my tan hand away from the pricks' grasp. My head shot to where the object flew—which in this case was Jack's bed—and I felt a slight demonic heat fill me. Jack launched backwards when the yellow thing landed on his bed with a minute thud.
It's front limbs, which weren't all that big, raised its head up. It shook its head, two yellow ears flopping about in rhythm. "Hey!" The same high pitch voice shouted, "ya didn't have to throw me!"

Jack's eyes light up when he saw the thing. "It's Chloe's bunny!"
He happily scooped it up, forgetting that it was stabbing me not even five minutes ago, and held it near his face.
Realization swept over me. It was Plushtrap, Fredbear's night-watch assistant. He kept an eye on the other nightmares and would report back to Fredbear to tell what the others would do and how poorly some of their decisions were. If I ever made a list of obnoxious clods, which I have done mentally, he'd be number one on the list, which he is. "Chloe? Oh please, that chick? The one who kept me up on that high dresser in her room? I got a serious bone to pick with her for doing that! I couldn't even make my nightly route around the old house because I couldn't get down from there!"

Chloe's bunny, indeed. I guess she won Plushtrap from Fredbear's when she was alive. I...really don't know why I know that but I do. Anyway, Chloe's bunny or not, he's one of them. "Well look who's here. It's the eight inch tall bunny, approximately ten if you include the ear height, too." I uttered, my dusty yellow bear ears drooping down in annoyance. Plushtrap put his small, plush paws on Jack's hands and tried to pry himself out of his grasp. He looked at me and sneered. "Height isn't everything, you know. I may be small but I'm still deadly! And for your information I am not a bunny—I am a rabbit! (nightcore539 *wink*)
"Rabbit; bunny; same thing. Now why are you here?"

"I don't have to answer that! The only person I have to answer to is Fredbear. So, nyah!" I growled lowly in frustration. I marched up to Jack and took hold of the back of Plushtrap's neck. Jack immediately let go of the bunny, giving me the opportunity to hold him up in the air. "H-hey what are ya doing?" His small form quivered as he looked around at the floor frantically. Then he stared down at me with pleading eyes that said 'please-don't-drop-me.' "Why are you here?" I asked again, only this time more stricter.

"I-I only wanted to take a walk around the house! I heard the main exit area-" —seriously, that was the way Plushtrap talked. He didn't quite understand what things were, so he called them something differently. To him, the front door is the main exit area—"-close so I thought the kid and the older one left. I always go on daily strolls when they're out of the house. I swear, I wasn't up to anything!"

I raised Plushtrap up higher, "I never suggested you were up to anything."
He started to shake even more in fear.
"You work for them. You want Jack dead just as much as they do. Why should I believe what comes out of your mouth?"

"I-I wasn't trying to go after the kid, I swear! I told ya already I thought they left! How can I go after something if I think it's gone?"

"Oh excuses, excuses. I should throw you out the window."

"Please don't."

"Put him down, Goldmare. He's scared." Jack ran up to me and gave me the same serious look he had when he wanted to find Foxy's head. I looked down at Jack. He stood in a confident, heroic pose. His arms were at his aides and his fists were clenched, and he was standing tall, standing his ground. "Y-yeah, listen to the young one and put me down." I sighed. Lowering my arm to let Jack hold the bunny brat, I knew this was a bad decision.

Jack took Plushtrap in his hands. Instantly, Plushtrap looked like he was at ease. I watched as he hugged the bunny, a warm smile on his face. A new feeling rose inside of me as I gazed at the scene. It wasn't anger or sadness. Maybe it was...no...no it couldn't be. Why would I be jealous of Plushtrap. I rolled my eyes and looked at the alarm clock. "My time here is done." I said bluntly and took my top hat off.
The two looked up at me. "How come?" Jack asked, disappointment in his tone.
"I just...have to go. But I'll be watching you, Plushtrap. Very carefully, like a hawk." Kneeling down, I placed the top hat on Jack's head. It covered his eyes since it was too big for him. And then, I was gone. My form morphing into a motionless stuffed animal.