Chapter 16 We Fall and Die

Goldmare's P.O.V

Two days had passed, and there was still no sign of Fredbear, or Nightmare, or any of those repulsive, despicable monsters. But what Jack, Plushtrap, nor I ever known was there was still a nightmare lingering in the household. One without claws, or fangs, or menacing eyes that pierce into the ones of innocent people. No. That nightmare wasn't anywhere close to resembling one of them. But what he was and what he did, I will never forget it. He better not either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack and I sat criss-cross on the end of his bed, facing his small television. A purple figure came on screen and cracked a joke, causing the tall white figure to groan in disgust. I surely wasn't making any sense of it, but when I looked over and saw Jack with a gleam in his eye and huge grin on his face, I couldn't help but watch it with him. That still didn't stop me from being confused.

"So, tell me again what this show is about." I turned to Jack and gestured to the images on the screen.

He let out an irritated sigh. That may be because I asked him this question about four times already. "It's called Steven Universe. It's a show about these gem things from space. They have to protect Earth and Steven."

I let out a fake, understanding 'oh' noise when I still really didn't understand it. "You mean to tell me that these fantasy-like creatures just showed up one day into this boy's life and they vowed to protect him? That's not logical in any way!"

"Oh please," we turned our heads to the left. Plushtrap was standing on the floor, a blue stuffed bunny in front of him and a pink one with a yellow ribbon on its ear behind him. He was punching the blue stuffed bunny in the face and performing dodge movements
like it was actually punching back. "I wouldn't start talking about that not being logical, Goldmare. That's exactly what you did." He hit the blue stuffed bunny in the muzzle and watched it fall back on the floor with a look of pure pride.

"Yeah, Goldmare, you showed yourself to me one day and promised to protect me. You're just like a crystal gem!"
Jack put a finger on his chin and looked up at the ceiling, "but which one is mostly like you?"

"Probably Pearl. Goldmare is pretty snobby and controlling. She always thinks she's right, too." Plushtrap called out while pretending to make out with the purple stuffed bunny. Jack started laughing.

I glared at him and clenched my fists, "why don't you shut your mouth before I come over there and rip the head off your precious girlfriend?"

Plushtrap jumped up and wrapped his small single digit width arms around the pink bunny in protection. I snickered amused. "Hey, Goldmare?" Jack asked quietly, catching me off guard. I turned to him. "Yes?"

"Are you coming with me to my party at Fredbear's?" He gazed up at me with emerald, pleading eyes that begged me for my acquaintance.

I felt my bear ears droop down. "Sorry, darling. I can't really show myself to society. Chaos could break loose if people saw me."

"Oh..." Jack looked down. The so called Steven Universe show's episode ended so there was nothing to distract Jack's disappointment with. I thought for a moment, then smiled. "But you know what?" —Jack lifted up his head and raised an eyebrow— "you don't need me to go with you. Those nightmares won't harm you ever again, so you don't have to be afraid anymore. You'll do just fine independently. Besides, your uncle will be there, along with other pedestrians. You have absolutely nothing to fear."