Chapter 10 Nightmares Inside Nightmares

You're looking left and right
Through the doors you shut so tight
But as long as you're away
They open up to scare you soon

Jack's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly started to open as I awoke from my uncomfortable slumber. With my eyelids at half-mast I let them get used to the brightness the sun was giving off, if there was brightness anyway. There was nothing I could see besides darkness. My arms lifted my upper body off the floor. Suddenly a light turned on. A spotlight that shined right above me, creating a circle of white light around me. Where was I? What was I even doing here? Wherever here was exactly.

A deep laugh sounded off. It echoed throughout the pitch-black void. I gasped and started shaking. Fredbear. I know it's Fredbear I just know it! I stood up and looked around frantically for some type of exit. I heard metal clacks coming from behind me. I didn't dare to turn around, though. In fear I ran straight ahead, hoping that direction could lead me out of the darkness. But just as I was about to reach my destination, Bonnie stepped in, half of him being purple and the other being faded to black. He stared at me with his red eyes menacingly.

I automatically stopped running. My expression turned to one of fear. Bonnie was amused by this. He started chuckling deeply as I ran back to the direction of the circle of light. I paused when I saw Chica standing there with her arms crossed, her pink eyes glaring at me, daring me to make a move. At this point I was freaking out. What was I supposed to do?

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Freddy step into the light. A smile spread across his face revealing his sharp teeth. Foxy stepped in beside him doing the same. "Well look at what we have here, guys. Little Jack. All defenseless and alone." Freddy said. Chica nodded in response, "Of course he's alone. You know what happened to the ones he loved."

"Poor lad, I wish there was a way we could help 'im." Foxy said, his eyes turning black with a white pupil.

Fredbear's laugh echoed again. "Oh but there is a way, Foxy." A deep voice said. Then Fredbear entered, is glowing eyes never taking a look away from me. "We can just kill him. Once he's dead he can reunite with his mother, father, and sister. Surely he'll accept our offer. It's not like he has a reason to live."

Goldmare's words suddenly flashed into my mind. "Don't you ever think about something like that! Your life is too precious to give up just because of these dimwitted monsters! Death is not the answer!" She had said when I brought up the fact that I was willing for my life to end so I could be with my family, the ones who actually love me.
I needed to fight them. I needed the courage to stand up for myself. "N-N-No!" I stuttered. I felt my heart pound fast when all the animatronics locked their eyes on me and made a light hiss sound. What was I doing? I was going to get myself killed! "No? What do you mean no? You said that was what you wanted! Quit trying to make this so difficult!" Fredbear hollered.

Fredbear started nearing me. The closer he got, the scarier he became. His claws became sharper and so did his teeth. I found myself as if I were frozen. I couldn't move. I couldn't think. All I could take in was the golden bear who was ready to kill me with either one bite or one scratch. Just as soon as Fredbear lifted his arm so he could claw me, I got pulled back. My back pressed against a soft yet firm figure that felt comfortably warm.  It was like the ice on my body had thawed, and I could move and think again. I looked up and saw Goldmare glaring at Fredbear in disgust. "How dare you try to hurt him. You're a despicable, demoniacal scum." She said in a dangerous whisper.

Goldmare looked at me. But I could tell something terribly wrong. Her eyes didn't show sympathy, they showed anger. "I want to be the one to kill him." My eyes widen as she said those words. "W-what? G-Goldmare, No! P-Put me down! Let me go!" Before I could even say anything more, I felt her fangs bite down on to my head. Then that was it. I couldn't hear. I couldn't talk. I couldn't feel. I no longer breathed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a jump. I looked around my room as I panted heavily. I was no longer in a dark void, but my bedroom. There was no sign of the animatronics either. Suddenly, a flash of bright yellow light shined. I shielded my eyes with my arm. When the light dimmed down, I lowered my arm. Goldmare was sitting in front of me. "Jack?," she said concerned, "Are you alright? I heard you scream."
I nodded in guilt. I had worried her. Goldmare continued to look at me, "You were yelling in your sleep. You were yelling at me. You were telling me to stop and to put you down. What happened in your dream? It was as if...you were scared of me."

I looked down, "It was nothing." I turned my head to view the clock. "It's almost midnight, I should get ready for another night." With that, I got up and grabbed my flashlight. Then I headed downstairs to put new batteries in my flashlight, leaving Goldmare to think about my actions.