Chapter 14 No Remorse part 1

That's not all, your flashlight is limited
That can't be helpful to keep you prohibited

Jack's P.O.V

I found myself cowering on top of my bed, anticipating the moment when my alarm clock would tell me it had turned midnight. Plushtrap sat on the end of the bed in a criss-criss position. His dusty yellow ears drooped downward as he stared at my closed closet door. Right when Goldmare turned back into her plus form last night I threw her into the closet along with Foxy. I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty when I did it. But then I remembered what she tried to do to me. Then I felt nothing at all towards her. I raised my hand up to my cheek and lightly grazed over my cut. I looked down at the flashlight in my hand sheepishly. Why am I feeling this way? Goldmare even said she wanted to kill me, what else was I supposed to do?

"She...hasn't come back." I heard Plushtrap say meekly without turning to look at me. "She really must feel awful."

I let out a quiet sigh and gripped on to the handle of the flashlight. "Why would she feel awful? You saw what she did and you heard what she said."

"Jack, ya need to understand what she did was an accident. Goldmare just got angry and she didn't know what she was doing. She never really meant to hurt you-"

"But she did! How could somebody not be in control of their actions? That doesn't make any sense! She said she was going to kill me and that, that was her job. Was all that protection just so she could lead me into a false sense of security?"

The room fell into an awkward silence again. Plushtrap gazed at me with sorrowful eyes. We both turned toward my alarm clock as it beeped, signaling us it was midnight. I quickly flicked on my flashlight and jumped out of bed. I'm alone. The only one I have left is Plushtrap but he can't really stop Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy. It's nice to have him around though. I looked at the closet door again, a sudden urge to look at Goldmare building up inside of me. I shook my head and declined. No. Never. Never will I trust that bear again. Or any of them as a matter of fact.

I heard a small thump from behind me. I turned around instantly, shining my flashlight all around. I stopped when the light beamed over Plushtrap who lied on his stomach possibly from jumping off the bed. He let out an irritated groan and got up. Then, he ran in front of me, and looked up. "Listen Jack," he said with the most sincereness I ever heard come from the bunny, "I know Goldmare would never tell you this. I could never really understand why, but she didn't. And I never told you either. There's something you need to know about Goldmare. She isn't just your bear like she said she was. She's also actually your si-"

"Jack! Jack come here!"

My whole body froze when I heard that voice. I couldn't process anything that Plushtrap was saying even though I saw his mouth moving. The sound was faint, but I heard it. And I recognized it. "Jack? Are ya even listening to me-"

"Did you...did you hear that?" I interrupted him and kept my attention on the hall where I swore I heard it from.

"No I didn't hear anything. But did you even hear what I said? Goldmare is your-"

"I just heard it again!" I shouted in joy when the same voice rang through my ears. "I heard Chloe! That was Chloe's voice! Didn't you hear?" I ran right out of my room when I heard her again. Plushtrap was shouting for me to come back and asking where I was going, but I ignored him. I needed to figure out where she was. I know I heard her. That couldn't have been in my mind. It just couldn't have.

"Come on, Jack! Hurry!"

I almost tripped on air I was running so fast. Chloe's voice became louder when I went downstairs. Remembering that Bonnie or Chica could also be here, I shined my flashlight around the room and listened carefully for her voice. I quickly turned towards the stairs when Plushtrap fell down them and plopped on to the ground. He shook his head, his bunny ears flopping about, then looked at me. "Kid? Are ya crazy? What are ya doin' down here? The others might get ya if you don't get back up there! Now let's go!" He grabbed my pant leg and tugged on it, trying to pull me over to the stairs. I shook him off my leg.

"Plushtrap, I hear Chloe! That's Chloe's voice!"

"What on Earth are ya talkin' about, Jack? This was already established. Chloe's dead! You're only imagining her voice! But you'd know the truth about her if you'd listen-"

"Aren't you coming, Jack? We have to go!"

The basement, that's where her voice was coming from. Ignoring Plushtrap again, I rushed down the steps, the light of my flashlight bouncing along the wall with each fast paced step I took. I shivered when I reached the basement floor. It was always cold down here, and spooky. But I didn't care. I heard Chloe's voice Coke from down here. Plushtrap's wrong, I didn't imagine it.

"C-Chloe?" I called out as I zipped my green jacket up, trying to get a little warm. The flashlight's light started turning into a dim orange which was strange since I recently filled it with new batteries.

"Hey, Jack do you—dad watch out!"

I literally dropped to my knees with what I heard next. A loud car screech, and then a bang coming from two metal pieces slamming together. That night. The car accident. The one that killed them. That's where that voice came from. My whole body shook, not because I was cold, because I was scared. "Well hello, Jacky boy." A deep voice said. A small red glowing figure appeared a few feet away from me. The lights started to come on, but it was still dim.

I almost screamed when a mechanical black bear stood next to a floating red Navi from the Legend of Zelda looking thing. "Come down here to find your sister? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it was only my little friend here," —he gestured to the glowing object—"she always likes to reenact people's worse fears. Let me guess, yours is losing the ones you loved in that car crash. You poor dear."

He removed his arm from behind his back, showing me five long metal claws. I stumbled backward, tripped on my footing, and fell on my backside. Plushtrap tumbled down the stairs (which seems like the best way for him to get down them) and land near me. He gazed at the bear. "Nightmare..." He whispered. Then he let out a little growl.

"What are you doing here?" Plushtrap barked, making the so called Nightmare to chuckle.

"We're about to play a little game. The prize is getting put out of misery. Dos at that sound like a good prize, Jack? A little bird told me that that's what you wanted." He clicked his fingers together. Suddenly, Freddy came out from the door behind me and grabbed Plushtrap. I panicked and got up quickly, then tried to run away. But he grabbed my arm firmly and yanked me back. "Easy, kid." Freddy said with a deep, unsettling tone. "The fun's just getting started."

He pushed me with a strong force, causing me to land right in front of Nightmare. "D-Don't hurt him!" I heard Plushtrap shriek from behind me. I whimpered in fear as Nightmare reached his hand out. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and brought me close to his face.

"You're time...is almost over."