Chapter 14 No Remorse part 3

On the bed, just don't be mislead
Those toys were just meant to like you to be bled

Third person P.O.V

Jack didn't have the ability to see clearly at the time but he didn't need to. He knew who was standing right there. Goldmare. When he heard her voice the pain he was enduring seemed to vanish, just a bit. Jack looked straight ahead and, surely enough, he could make out a blurry Goldmare with her lavender blazer and matching top hat. He could tell her head turned so she was looking straight at him. He noticed Nightmare's head whip over his shoulder to view his superhero.

"Well, well, well," Nightmare spoke softly, "look who's here. Come to witness your little friend's death? Charming really, after what you did to him."

"What I did to Jack is none of your business. You really shouldn't be the one to talk since you're purposely hurting him and my injuries were accidental!" Goldmare stated harshly, her voice a mix between whisper and scream. Even from where Plushtrap and Freddy were they could sense the dark and menacing and angered essence Goldmare brought with her.

"Why don't you step aside from that little angel before I have to force you."

"No thank you. I feel perfectly fine right where I am."

Goldmare clenched her un-gloved fists and gritted her teeth. "It wasn't a question it was a demand!" Her single eye flashed black, then it remained that color. A red pupil dotted her eye rather than white. This caught the attention of Nightmare and the three other animals in the room. Goldmare launched forward, slamming her foot down in the cold floor of the basement, and stuck her claws into Nightmare's shoulders. He grabbed her wrists and tried forcefully yanking them off his. But he couldn't stop her from what she wanted. Using the strength she never really knew she had in her, Goldmare pushed the black bear against the wall furthest from her and Jack. His metal foot hit a small table that was decorated with beautiful carvings of roses and fell on his metal backside.

Goldmare took the opportunity. She got on her knees and quickly slid over to Jack. She scanned his entire form. Mentally yelling every time she got the glimpse of wounds and scarlet blood. With shaky hands she reached out to hold Jack close to her, causing the frightened boy to get startled and gasp.

"Goldmare?" Jack asked, desperately needing to be reassured what he heard was real.

Goldmare felt the tears well up in her eyes but she would not let them fall. She knew she had to stay strong for Jack's sake. "I'm here, Jack. You don't need to be scared anymore." She reached out and took his wrist into her hand, not knowing what Nightmare had done to it earlier. Jack let out a yelp of pain, causing Goldmare's hand to flinch back. She eyed Jack with concern.

"Wh-what did he do to you?" She couldn't stop her voice from quivering. "Tell me what that bastard did to you!"

"I broke his wrist! That should be very much clear to you, you pathetic excuse for a nightmare!" Nightmare hollered while grabbing on to the table he tripped on to hoist himself up.

Goldmare growled. She took off her purple blazer and firmly wrapped it around Jack's broken wrist like a cast, making sure it wasn't too tight to stop the blood circulation. Her gaze went immediately to the gashes in Jack's side that were still lightly bleeding. Without hesitation she took off her white long sleeve shirt, leaving her in a lavender tank top, and held it gently to Jack's side. Jack winced at first but then relaxed to the feeling of cloth on cut flesh.

"I-I'm scared..." Jack whimpered and tried to bury himself into Goldmare's arms.

"Shh you're safe now, Jack. Goldmare's here, and she'll never leave your side."