Chapter 7 Death Is Not The Answer

Break break break my mind
Break it 'till the tale unwinds
Force my thoughts
Through hell and back
Or leave me here alone tonight

Goldmare's P.O.V

It had been two hours after the whole Jack seeing Fredbear fiasco. It took awhile but I finally managed to calm him down from his nerves being terribly shot due to his brother. Speaking of Jack's older brother, he had left the house not that long ago so Jack and I had the whole classic neighborhood piece of facility to ourselves. I sat on Jack's bed as I watched him set Foxy, whose head we fixed with some brown thread and needle, back down in the closet.
"You know, I don't know why they want to harm me," Jack said while closing the closet doors, "I've never done anything to them before. So why would they want to hurt me?"
Jack turned to me, his green eyes flooding with curiosity. I rubbed my arm nervously. Of course I knew the answer to that question. But I couldn't tell him. Jack was far too innocent to know the truth about this. He's already scared of the animatronics. There's no need for him to be even more terrified. I'm trying to help him overcome his fear, not make it stronger.

"I honestly have no idea," I lied, "Maybe they've gotten set off about something. Their servos can be pretty sensitive at times. Something may have triggered them or maybe-"

"Okay, okay—I get it. You don't know."
Jack closed the closet and stood there for awhile, not saying anything. I stared at him. Thoughts must have been seeping through his mind. "Do they want me to die...so I can be with my family?" My eyes grew wider. "Will dying...make all this torture go away?"
I froze. The muscles in my jaw loosened, causing it to hang open in shock. Unbelievable. How could one so innocent, so considerate, so lovable, so young, think of something like that?
"No, Jack." I whispered. My vocal chords seemed to have faded. It was quiet which added on to the sadness and emptiness of the atmosphere.
"If I was with my sister...would they leave me alone then? Is death by the nightmares the only way out? If so...I'm willing to accept i-"

"Don't you dare!" I hollered as my vocal chords felt stronger than ever. I jumped on to my feet, my now existent heart racing pounding out of my chest. No way would I let this child take his life. Never! No way, no how! Something snapped then in my mind. My blood boiled, not just of anger, but of fear. "Don't you ever think about something like that! Your life is too precious to give up just because of these dimwitted monsters! Death is not the answer!"

My breathing got heavy. My hands shook and my chest rose and fell repeatedly. Jack was now staring at me,  an expression of shock on his face. Never before had I raised my voice like that. Hell, if i wasn't in control of myself, I could've gone completely insane. It has happened before. Let's just say Bonnie lost both of his ears because of it. The expression of shock on Jack's face melted, a look of guilt formed. He tilted his neck down and hung his head to the floor. "I-I'm sorry, Goldmare." He squeaked apologetically. I started to calm, remembering the time when Jack used to be a happy child. In my plush form I saw it in his eyes. He looked over the top joyous, but now, now he looked like a painting that had gotten all the color sucked out of it. I have to get him out of this gloomy state, but how?

I opened my arms, my heartbeat returning back to its original pace, and my breaths softening. "Come here." I order gently. Jack slowly walked into my arms. I took note of the caution he had with every step he took. I brought him into a hug, thinking it would make up for my shouting, but I could sense something was wrong. I looked down at the child. His eyes glued on to his right bedroom door. His whole body stiffened and his face went pale white.
"Something wrong?" I asked, trying to keep the concern from entering my voice. Jack opened his mouth in order to reply but it got interrupted by some scratching sound. It resembled sharp claws scratching against the walls. Low growling then was heard; that's when I thought the worse. I tightened my arms around Jack and pulled him close. I managed to let out a small, faint whisper,

"Fredbear..."