Chapter 5 Traitor

How long will you last through these memories of the past?
Seems without a light to shine the only soul that's left is yours

Chica's P.O.V

The pitter-pattering of the child's footsteps ceased to exist for quite a long time. Bonnie and I were then curious. Our theory was that either Foxy or Freddy grabbed him, but when we returned to the hallway and peeked through the door, which was ajar at the time, it turns out we were wrong. He was still very much alive—breathing and everything. I wasn't too happy about this and neither was Bonnie.
The thing that made me over the top angry though was the fact that Goldmare was with him. She wasn't trying to kill him. All she did was talk to him about us.

I leaned in a bit closer to the side of the door. My yellow torn back rested against the cream colored wall.
"Now remember, Jack, they may be bigger and they may be more dangerous, but that doesn't mean you can't stop them. You need to outsmart them." I heard her say in her soothing voice.

My voice box let out a low and quiet growl. Bonnie, who was examining a piece of silver metal inside his arm, payed no attention to what was really going on.

"Did you hear that?" I asked the purple bunny who stood beside me with one leg across the other. I turned towards him. Still, he wasn't paying any attention. I decided to continue anyway, "She's giving him tips on how to keep us locked out of his reach. That bear is helping him when she should be trying to murder him!"

Bonnie finally put his gaze on me. He shrugged, "It was never really Goldmare's intention on killing him in the first place. Fredbear gave her the instructions, but she refused. That's the reason why she never showed the kid," —he pointed at the door with his thumb— "her true form and you know that."

I sighed, remembering the day she was asked to help out...

"Look at you, Goldmare. You're as dangerous as we are. You're one of us! You've got the claws, the fangs, and the smarts to outwit that little pest. All you need to do is show him who you are and then you'll have the opportunity to attack! It'll be easier for you! Say you'll just do it." Fredbear had said to Goldmare, plead in his tone.

Goldmare shook her head, "I am not one of you. Nor will I ever be. Why you want to end this poor thing's life is beyond me but I will not have any part of it. Nothing you could say or do will ever change my answer. . .ever."

Fredbear was furious after that rejection. He saw her as a traitor, and he still does. We trust that bear as much as she trusts us. "How am I going to outsmart them? Freddy and the others are way too clever. They always know when to start moving and where I am." I heard the child say.

Curious, I peeked through the slight opening of the door. The hallway was dark like the night sky so I was hidden from their view. I saw Goldmare standing in front of the child. He was equipped with a flashlight and there was a of uncertainty on his face.
Goldmare chuckled and ruffled his black hair.

"Don't you worry about that. They're not really as intelligent as they seem. It's easy to trick them," she assured him with her rude insult, "Yet you don't have to trick them alone. I'll be her to guide you through things like I said I would."

I saw her glance at the alarm clock that set on a wood dresser beside the child's bed. "5:50," she muttered, "looks like we've made it through the night."

"You're coming back tomorrow. . .right?" The child asked another question.

Goldmare smiled and knelt in from of him. She took off her purple top hat and greeted the child with a smile. "No, I won't. Remember what I told you? I said I was always present even when I'm in my plush form. Therefore I'm not really gone. Now, you get some rest and I'll talk to you soon."

And with that, she placed her top hat on the child's head. I guess it was too big because it went down over his eyes. In an instant, Goldmare vanished. When the child took off the purple hat and looked down, I could tell we were amazed by the same thing. That traitor was gone and all that was replaced was a golden bear plush that was missing it's mini purple top hat.