Chapter 3

3.

We stopped in front of a multi-storied, run-down building that looked like it could barely hold itself up. Some of the walls were caving in, and the brick was old and worn-out.

I was seated in-between the two guys, who were absolutely silent the whole way. I tried to keep myself calm for the few minutes we drove, but my legs were trembling despite my efforts. I knew they noticed my shaking but said nothing.

When the car stopped, they opened the doors and exited. I followed behind the blonde-haired male, taking a moment to look around when I stepped on the ground.

I've never been in...this part of town before.

All the buildings looked like the one in front of us. It was like walking in a deserted town during an apocalypse. I half expected to see zombies running around the corner. I took deep, steady breaths as I looked around, noticing there were absolutely no pedestrians. The area was completely deserted. Everything looked...dead.

Well, from what I saw.

I could sense other people there, most likely in the buildings hidden from my view. It was obvious to me that the only people who would come here wanted nothing good.

This was worse than 8-mile.

"Let's go," The brown-haired guy grabbed my shoulder suddenly and pushed me in the direction of the building. He and the blonde guy stared at me expectantly.

I shot them a dirty look and walked across the lifeless grass, getting closer to the building. The air around us didn't even smell fresh.

I stopped when I came to a door and waited for the two guys to step up. The blonde one opened the door and stepped inside. I stepped in behind him and had to strain my eyes to see because of the darkness. Did these guys live in darkness or something?

Were they vampires?

Okay, now I was thinking illogically. I need to get a hold of myself.

I held my breath without knowing, following the footsteps in front of me. The door closed behind me, encasing all of us in sudden, complete blackness. I tried so hard to gain focus on the swarming darkness, but I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. And the two guys were moving around like it was nothing.

"Come on," The one behind me said, his breath fanning across the back of my neck.

"Hurry up. We don't have all day."

"I can't see anything." I insisted feebly, afraid to even move. What was in this darkness?

"Follow Niall," The voice commanded impatiently. "I'm right behind you."

I came to a stop when my fear dominated me. I let out a deep sigh when my lungs began to burn from lack of breathing.

The footsteps stopped in front of me.

"Come on," Blondie-Niall, whispered in the darkness, almost gently. Yeah. The guy who just dragged someone in an alley seemed gentle. "There's nothing in here."

Reluctantly, my stomach churning with nerves, my feet began to move-slowly. I heard Niall shuffle in front of me, and in seconds, I was following behind him at a slow pace, taking small baby steps. I was gradually growing accustomed to the darkness, though I've never seen this kind of darkness before. It seemed abnormal; place of void, like it really did have absolutely nothing in it.

So this is what it feels like to be blind?

"Okay, this is what you're going to do." Niall said in front of me, his voice slowly echoing around us in the emptiness surrounding us. "You're going to walk through this door, okay? We're going to stay out here."