Chapter 18

Kim was sitting next to the man with the tanned skin and dark hair. I didn't know his name, but he was evidently a member of One Direction. Eleanor was perched on Louis's lap, sitting quite comfortably with Louis's arms around her frail waist, but Kim was sitting next to the man. And something was off with her.

Her eyes stared straight ahead, seeing nothing. Even from where I stood I could tell that she looked completely limp-lifeless. Normally Kim was such a bubbly girl, flirtatious and happy; but right now she was the complete opposite.

"What happened to her?" I asked Harry, worry etched in my voice. I came to a sudden stop, and Harry tugged me forwards, his arm tightening around my neck.

"Who?"

"My friend." I hissed. Panic was sweeping through me. I was expecting Kim to meet my eye-to acknowledge my presence. But no, she just stared straight ahead. No facial expression. Her shoulders hunched over, sagging. Her hair was messy and looked almost unbrushed, which was also peculiar for her, and I could see that her skin glistened from what looked like sweat.

And it was then I saw what she wore.

A skin-tight tube top that made it seem like her chest was going to bust, showing off almost half of her breasts, and a skirt that barely reached her thighs. She even wore heels that looked like they would be impossible to walk comfortably in.

Oh my god...

"What the hell is wrong with her?" I asked louder this time, jerking out of Harry's hold. His green eyes flashed in irritation.

"Claire, don't make a scene."

Frightened tears built in my eyes when I looked back at my best friend. "Why does she look like that?" My heart clenched when I saw the man's arm wrapped tightly around Kim's waist, which was literally the only thing holding her up. If not for that arm, Kim would've fallen down. I could tell.

Harry shrugged nonchalantly. "Zayn likes to use drugs."

"Use drugs?" I repeated, unable to take my eyes off of Kim. "For what?"

Harry looked like I was testing his patience. His voice was lowered, so only I could hear him. And he spoke quickly, his arm touching my forearm, keeping me from taking off in a blind fury. "He likes to drug women."

"He drugged Kim?!"

"Keep your voice down!"

"Why would he drug Kim? What kinds of drugs did he use? She looks like she can barely sit up!" I ranted, my voice trembling.

"He probably used a bit of ecstasy, though your friend looked pretty willing last night." Harry said. "Now come on, I have to have a talk with them. I don't want you interrupting us, okay? If you do-"

"-she might need to go to the hospital." I cut him off shrilly, breaking past his arm to start making my way to Kim. I only made it a few steps before Harry grabbed my wrist painfully hard and jerked me to face him. He was starting to look angry.

"Don't you fucking walk away when I'm trying to talk to you." Harry hissed in a tight whisper. "And don't interrupt me."

What did he do to Kim last night? Did he overdose on drugs with her? Did he beat her? Did he rape her?

"No," I murmured, feeling suddenly light-headed. I stumbled into Harry, feeling his arms instantly wrap around me. "This is all my fault..."

I took another look at Kim and saw that the man was talking to her. There was another man, with a buzz-cut, who was laughing at what the man was saying. And when I saw his hand fall on her thigh, I knew he was teasing her.