Chapter 10

10.

"No!" I shouted suddenly, and Harry's eyes widened from my sudden outburst. I took this opportunity to break free from his grasp, and I wasted no time in turning on my heel and running. I made the mistake of not running when I came in from, instead, I tore off down a hallway that turned to the left.

My feet pounded on the ground, echoing throughout the seemingly empty house, as I ran blindly through the wide hallway. There were doors on either side of me, but I immediately assumed they were bedrooms. By this point, my heart was pounding so loudly that all I could hear was the beating. I couldn't tell if Harry was following me or not.

All I knew was that I had to protect myself.

There had to be some way out of here, right? And once I found that escape, I'd leave. Then I'd figure everything out from there.

I skidded my feet to come to a quick halt, darting off through the last door on the right. I was forced to stop when I was met with completely darkness, and I saw white carpeted stairs leading downwards. I bit down on my lower lip when met with this twist in the road, conflicted on whether or not I should risk turning around or...

Fuck it.

I thoughtlessly began hurrying down the carpeted steps, my hands feeling along the wall for a light switch. When I was at the bottom of the steps, I came to a complete stop, my breathing picking up as I searched frantically for a light switch.

"Come on, come on," I whispered, trying to remain as calm as possible. I was just about to lose hope when my hand found the light switch and I turned it on.

I was standing in a very large, empty room. It was completely empty. The walls were bare, and a plain, dull white, while the floor was just a rich, white colored carpet. I stood there, a little confused, until I felt such an eerie feeling wash come over me.

Even though the room was empty, the atmosphere was not.

My arms grew goose bumps as my eyes surveyed the room. I took a few steps towards the middle, scanning every edge of the room. I could feel my entire body stiffen in pure fear as I could feel the significance of the room.

And it was then I saw the stain on the floor.

The stain was right in the middle of the room.

It was a huge, deep red stain. I stared at it in newfound horror, my mouth hanging open as I realized what the stain was.

Blood.

There were droplets surrounding the stain, and the stain looked very deep. It looked like a kid came in here carrying a bucket of red paint and just spilled it right on that spot. But I knew that wasn't the case.

Where the hell was I?

Was I in some kind of horror film? Was I even seeing this with my own eyes?

I felt like I was about to throw up, and forced myself to turn away from the stain. But then my eyes fell on Harry, who stood there with his eyes gazing intently at me. He didn't look angry or upset; he had a masked expression, just watching me.

"H-Harry," I choked out, my stomach twisting. "What happened here?"

Harry didn't seem at all bothered by the stain. He continued to stare at me for a few seconds until he finally spoke. And when he did speak, he was quiet and composed.

"Do you really want to know?"

No. I don't want to know. I think I'm going to be sick.

I hugged myself tightly, finding it harder to stand up by the second. The world was tilting all around me, constantly moving. And that crimson stain was imprinting in my mind-forever.