Chapter 27

"Hi, this is Fran and I'm not able to take your call right now. Please leave me a message, and I'll call you as soon as I can." Fran's hurried yet polite voice rang through my cell phone again for the fifth time, and I didn't bother leaving a message. I've already left three. I glared irritably at my phone, gritting my teeth in frustration and worry.

Why wasn't she answering her phone?

I sighed loudly, tossing the phone somewhere on Harry's bed. I reluctantly threw my legs over the edge, running my hands through my hair. All I could think about was Fran-why wouldn't she answer her phone?

It would ring and ring and ring and ring...

And lead to that voicemail. But there was no Fran.

This couldn't be a coincidence; I've been trying to call her for days. I've been so utterly worried about her, and this definitely wasn't helping. Something told me that something was up. Fran wouldn't just ignore me, right?

Is she mad at me...?

"The TV has been set up." One of Harry's men announced from outside the door in a monotone voice. I reluctantly set my phone down and headed downstairs. They had set up my TV out in the living room, to the left of the fireplace, and I was delighted to find it actually working.

"Thank you." I told the guy, who looked a little taken aback from my gratefulness. He stood there awkwardly as Harry walked in, his green eyes glancing at him.

"Get out." Harry ordered simply, and the man scrambled out of the room.

I sat on the couch, seeing that there was some kind of action movie portrayed on the screen. But from where I sat, there was an odd angle. Harry was texting something on his phone when I stood up and started to push against the couch. I gritted my teeth from the exertion; the couch was heavy.

"Claire," Harry said slowly, "what are you doing?"

"I'm moving the couch."

"Why?"

"It'll be better to see the TV." I successfully pulled the couch at another angle to where there would be no glare on the TV. Satisfied and slightly breathless, I sat down and reached for the TV remote.

"I'm going to have to go take care of some business." Harry told me, putting his phone in his jean's pocket. He was wearing his leather jacket with lighter pants that hung snugly on his lengthy legs, and I saw a chained necklace dangling from his neck. He seemed to be always wearing that necklace.

"Okay." I replied, searching through the channels.

Harry's eyes narrowed on me. "That's your cue to come give me a kiss."

I tried to hold back a smile, "What if I don't want to give you a kiss?"

I let out a loud yelp when he had suddenly bent down and picked me up, his arms around my waist. "Harry-put me down! Put me down!" I couldn't help but start to giggle when he hoisted me up to where I was forced to put my legs around him, my hands winding around his neck.

His face was slightly annoyed until he heard my giggle; when he heard that, a small smile tugged at his lips.

"You were fucking with me weren't you?" He asked, catching on.

"Duh." I replied with a smug smile, peering down at his face. Seeing Harry's face up close was so different than looking at him from afar. From this close range, I could see imperfections of his face mixed with all the perfections that seemed to add up to Harry Styles.

Harry's smile grew when he seemed to falter under me. My smile vanished and I gasped, my arms tightening around his neck. "Careful! Put me down now; you're going to drop me."