Chapter 29

"What the fuck?" Harry asked in a voice laced with exhaustion, his head propped up with his pillows. His hands were held limply over his bare chest, his forest green eyes glowering over at me. "Why are you refusing to get into bed?"

"Not until you put on some clothes." I repeated for the 5th time. I stood there in front of the closed door, returning the glare he gave me.

I was exhausted.

I've had a long day of trying to keep Eleanor cheered up.

The guilt had officially eaten me up from the inside.

And I was on my period.

Thanks to the birth control insertion, I didn't have major cramps, just a slight discomfort in my lower belly. But my hormones were out of control, and I was more tired than usual. And for some reason, seeing a half-naked Harry didn't looked as appealing as it normally did. All I asked him to do was put on some clothes, and he acted like I was asking him to shave his head or something.

"I do have clothes on." He snapped, motioning below his waist to his dark boxers.

"I mean a shirt and some pants." I snapped back, my eyes narrowing. "Would it kill you to go to bed decently dressed?"

"I don't know why you're in such a bitchy mood." Harry said, his voice loud and pissed off. He sat up a little, his mouth turning into a scowl. "But I'm in no mood for this shit. Get into this bed right now or I'll-"

"-you'll what?" I cut him off with a sneer. "Drag me by my hair? Just because I refuse to do something doesn't mean you can force me to do it, you know. You can't force me to do everything."

I was treading on thin ice, now. The danger level I was in was high-very high. I haven't spoken to Harry like this ever since I had first met him. But like I said, my hormones were out of control, and my lower back was also starting to hurt. Eleanor wasn't here to give me pain pills, so I was just left with the cruel toll of mother nature.

Harry sighed loudly, and I expected him to snap. I expected him to storm after me, to slap me across the cheek. But instead, he leaned back against the headboard, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples. "Look-we've both had a long, fucking stressful day. We're both tired. So instead of fighting with me, why don't we get some sleep?"

"Sleep sounds great. We can do that as soon as you put some clothes on." I replied resolutely, shifting my feet. I tilted my head, staring hard at Harry.

His green eyes opened and they darkened drastically. The "gentle" card had failed.

"This is how I sleep." He said evenly. "I'm not going to put on a fucking shirt."

"Why not? What is so immoral about wearing a shirt to bed? I do it." I gestured to my fully clothed body, which contrasted greatly to his that lacked clothing.

"Get in the bed."

"Put on a shirt."

"Claire, get into bed." He repeated calmly. Too calmly. I knew he was silently counting in his head; he had a sudden look of concentration, as if he was physically restraining himself.

"I'll just sleep on the couch." I said finally. "If you can't put a shirt on, I'm not sleeping in here."

When I opened the door, I heard Harry sit up on the bed. "If you leave this room, you'll be in serious trouble."

I was determined to get him to listen to me. I was sick and tired of dealing with him always commanding me. You could blame it on my raging hormones all you wanted, but there was a small part of me that was shouting, trying desperately to gain some kind of say in my life. All I wanted was for Harry to put some clothes on-was that so terrible? It wasn't like I was asking him to gauge out his eyes or something.