five

[unedited]

/valentine/

there were five more minutes and so far it was a pretty enjoyable experience. i love talking to people and it means even more to me that they love and support what i do.

i was carelessly scrolling through the list when i landed on 'logan t. harrison'. i looked at the number and dialled it.

i waited for him to pick up, it took a little longer than most people but eventually he did, so i opened my mouth to speak, "hey, this is cupid from 'hey it's cupid', is this lo -"

but he had already hung up.

"um..." i tried to shrug it off as if it was a joke, "well, that was the most anti-climatic ending on this radio station."

i laughed, but for some reason, the back of my head kept pooling around the boy who had just hung up on me without a word.

"well, i guess that's all for today. tune in tomorrow for more love mail and love advices. remember that you can send in your love mail whenever you want, just go to our website. it's www.heyitscupid.radio."

the green light above the door in my recording room flickered to red, indicating that we're no longer on air. i took off my headphone and thanked the crew that helped make this happen before heading out of the building.

on the way home, i couldn't help but think about logan t. harrison.

that name seems to me as though i've heard it somewhere before, but i couldn't quite put a finger on it.

why does he matter so much to me? i asked myself. what makes him different?

perhaps he's just shy.

but it didn't feel complete to me. i started at my 'recently called' list. his phone number was on top of the list and my thumb was inching towards it.

why do i feel so obligated to get an answer from him? what even is the answer that i'm supposedly looking for anyways?

i shake my head set the phone aside.

logan t. harrison.

"nope," i muttered aloud to myself, "nopity nope"

---

my fingers were aching to press on his number, why was it so important to me? i decided to add him to my contacts, you know just in case i ever need that number or something.

---

valentine: is this logan t. harrison?

i tried deleting it but it was too late already.

/end/
so obviously, valentine/cupid is the exact opposite of logan so yeah i'm not quite sure about this chapter but we'll see ... oh and this chapter is dedicated to @mitalyas because she's sweet af and ilysm!

10+ reads