twenty-five

[unedited]

/logan/

as valentine got set up, i noticed another individual who walked in. he was tall and handsome, and he walked straight towards diane and sat down beside her. he kisses her cheek and wraps his arms around her. what is that?

i was in awe, but i focused myself on what valentine was doing. she opens her mouth, and the speaker started to hum with her voice.

"good morning new york, i'm cupid and you're tuning in to 'hey it's cupid'," it was weird to hear her say these familiar words through a different speaker. it was weird, but incredibly soothing. "welcome back to another session. and the first love mail is from tracy,

Dear Cupid,
I know this boy, who keeps sending me these gifts and writing these notes and putting it in my locker. it's not really a secret of who he is, he's pretty obvious about it, but the problem is that i don't like him in that way. and i wish i knew how to shake him off, but still not hurting him. because he is a really nice person."

valentine stops for a moment and say, "well, i'd suggest you straight out tell him that he isn't your type and that you wish he would stop. but not like, in a harsh way. find time to talk to him, and tell him how you really feel and tell him that you hope he understands. if you lead him on, eventually, it'll hurt him even more."

i nodded in agreement as she introduces the song of the day and takes off her head phone for her usual 5 minute break. it wasn't long until she was back on the radio again.

"thank you wess for this song, and we are coming back to another love mail. this one is from andrew.

Dear Cupid,
i really like this girl, her name is kiley, and i want to express it to her very badly. but the problem is, she can't hear. and it's hard for me to communicate with her because my sign language only stretches so far. i need a way to tell her how much i really care about her. any help?"

"well, andrew, first of all, i think you should find more time to know her first, and see what makes her happy, what makes her feel joy and what brings out her emotions. use those thing and make them special, make them something between you and her. i know for sure that she will understand what you're trying to express. i hope things work out." valentine smiles as if someone was right in front of her.

and though i had been more focused in what she was doing, i did notice the parallel between his situation with this girl and what was happening between me and valentine. diane told me before hand that all these letters were in random. but it's incredibly peculiar to me how suddenly, this relates to what was happening between me and valentine.

but nonetheless, i shake off the fishy feeling and continue on with valentine's radio session.

[author's note]
ew, this chapter sucks. but anyways, special guest star to  @LeiLaniNLopez's character, Andrew and Kiley from 'The Girl Who Couldn't Hear'. it's a really good book, and i'm already starting to re-read it so yeah XD anyways, see you in the next update!