twenty-three

[unedited]

/valentine/

i drove up to logan's house and excitedly walk up the stairs that ultimately leads to the door. i'm just feel so excited to hang out with him again.

sure, the conversations we have are just me asking him yes or no questions. and i would kill for something or someone to give him a voice. but it can't be reversed, he can't speak. and honestly? it doesn't matter me as much as it wonders me.

voice, it's such a small thing that most of is take as granted. but as soon as it's taken away, it's like our world's crumbled. there's nothing we can fully expressed. and our minds, with sentences delicately constructed, only to find that we have nothing to deliver it. a silence of insanity. thoughts undelivered, words unspoken, feelings undiscovered. there's nothing we can do.

but every time i see him smile or even hiding one, i feel good. like as if i've learned something valuable.

i let the thought linger as i rang the door bell. it was a minute until the door open. it was a woman in her mid thirties most possibly. there were creases on her face that's unseen on her dress. maroon in colour, down to her knees, and the sleeves, just about near her elbow. she smiles happily, is this logan's mother?

i open my mouth to greet her, and i tell her about how i'm here to take logan out to the bowling alley.

she didn't seemed so bothered, her eyes sparkled a blue, blue sprinkle and nodded as she took my hand and led me into their gigantic hall, which lead to the dining room.

logan was standing near the staircase, he seems uncomfortable, and i looked to the left and notice why. a man, also in his thirties, sat just as uncomfortably as he looked around desperately for something to take him away from this shaky atmosphere. this was logan's father.

"logan, honey, why didn't you tell us about valentine?" his mother speak, as her words trail behind her. hitting me hard as logan gave her a mixture of a disbelief look and an annoyed look. and those were not those playful annoyed look you read about in books. no, this was an angry annoyance.

"oh no, honey. that's not what i meant. i meant why didn't you introduce her to us? like take her home or something? this isn't better is it, well, drop what i just said. why don't you just take a seat next to valentine and i'll go get something for us to drink and eat while i get to know valentine here. i've been so busy lately, it's nice to have a reason to drop work and get some family and friends time." she smiled happily as she walked out of the living room.

it wasn't long until logan's mother returned with a plate of delicious cookies. which i was thankful for because, one, it was becoming unbearably awkward in here, and two, it's cookies. who isn't relieved to see a plate full of delicious cookies?

"this is our home made cookies, our nanny has an exquisite culinary skill, she makes all the dinner around here." she smiled, and i take a piece.

this cookie was heavenly.

/end/
i don't know, i tried to make a parallel of the situation and show how both of them reacted :) idk i sort of like this chapter XD