eight

[unedited]

/valentine/

logan t. harrison: because i can't speak.

valentine: what do you mean?

logan t. harrison: when you asked me why i didn't like to talk to people. it's because i can't. i'm mute.

valentine: then why'd you put your number there if you knew that you won't be able to answer my call?

logan t. harrison: i don't know.

i sighed, why do i feel so emotionally sympathetic towards him?

valentine: oh...

logan t. harrison: see this is the reason why i told you not to text me, now you feel pity for me.

valentine: i don't pity you.

logan t. harrison: yeah, like i'd believe that. everyone in the world pities me because i'm different. and you're no exception.

it was true, that i 'pitied' him as he puts it. but now, i just feel annoyed. but at the same time sad. this logan t. harrison, he must've feel really out of place whenever he's outside.

valentine: i don't pity you.

logan t. harrison: like i'd believe that.

valentine: if you're so sure that i'd 'pity' you, then why'd you answer my question?

logan t. harrison: because i was stupid enough to think that you're different.

my heart sank. i just wanted to crawl through my screen and crawl out from his screen and give him a hug. but all i could muster was:

valentine: oh...

logan t. harrison: quit it with the oh's

valentine: i'm sorry, i didn't mean to touch a nerve.

logan t. harrison: whatever, just forget it.

logan t. harrison has muted the chat.

i felt empty, like i was missing a puzzle piece. i wanted to help him realise that there's more to life than hatred. i know he's hurt, and i want to fix that.

/end/
i'm not sure if i love this chapter, but i like it so :) and my book will be a mixture of text messages and real life conversations so yeah. but mostly text messages.

10+ reads