twenty-one

[unedited]

/logan/

it took what seems like forever for us to finish our food. it wasn't those dry 'forever' but was something unbearable, something moist and uncomfortable. it was almost indifferent to the climate outside, except there was wind.

we walked to the parking lot where valentine had parked her car. i meant to say goodbye but she stopped me, "where do you think you're going?" she smiled, more giggling though, "c'mon, i'll drive you home."

no, i'd rather not bother you.

"come on, i don't mind," my heart jumped as she replied, no, i didn't say anything. i half-heartedly laugh at myself for thinking that i might actually have a voice hidden in the back of my neck, just waiting for me to use it.

fat chance.

but i nodded and got in the car.

the view was nice, i have never sat shotgun before. so this was different.

halfway to my house, valentine asked if i wanted to listen to the radio. do i want to listen to the radio? i don't know, i've never got to listen to one on the car before, it was strictly prohibited in my family. my parents were always busy going on and on about their debate about their work and had never allowed me to turn on any music.

but how different could it be from the one i have in my room?

i nodded and valentine smiled, turning to 'one of her favourite stations' she noted. the music played and the atmosphere grew to be something more pleasant. it was different from the heavy weight back in the restaurant. she had the windows down and the wind felt great blowing against my face. new york have never been prettier.

but it had ended all too soon.

"so this is your house?" valentine asked in wonder as she lowered the volume of the radio and drove her car into the curved driveway of my parent's house, her eyes roamed the place with no shame, "wow, that's a beautiful house,"

i nodded, thanking her. but getting out as fast as i could. we waved our goodbyes and i headed in as valentine disappear into the sunset. well, not disappear, more like dissolving, because disappearing means good-bye and i knew that this was not the end yet.

at least i don't want it to end yet.

it was at around 9 in the evening when my phone buzzed.

valentine: wow, i just got homed, parked my car a few seconds ago actually

valentine: who knew it took 30 mins to get from your house to mine lol

valentine: anyways, i hoped you had at least a semi good time today, and imma go take a shower.

valentine: maybe we could go bowling or something tomorrow? :)

my heart leaped a leap, it was tripping over it's own feet, she wanted to hang out again?

after all the sweatiness and the ickiness and the unbearable awkward moment?

wow.

/end/
see? i told you i'd update before night lmao, i doubt anyone read any of my status (is that what you call it? idk lol) but yeah, i hope you enjoy this chapter, i'm not sure if i want him to be happy to find that she wants to hang out again or if he's unnerved lol. but have a great day guys and i'll see you next update!