twenty

[unedited]

/logan/

"did you enjoy the movie?" valentine asked, as we walked out of the cinema.

i nodded, and her smile faded a little.

she hung her head and said, "you know, i wish i knew sign language," she tried giggling but it didn't quite work well, "i just don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

she looked up and i gave her a sympathetic smile.

it's okay, i wanted to say, but i couldn't.

so i just nodded.

"anyways," valentine sniffled, regaining her usual self, "are you hungry?"

i shook my head.

"well you will be once you enter domino's pizza." she giggle, dragging me to a restaurant near by. as we entered, a person in a smart attire assigned us to a two occupant seat.

the seat was fine and we were having quite a lot of fun, but what i couldn't help but notice was the two other people sitting three seats apart from us. they were holding hands across the table where their food was suppose to lie, and they were trying so hard to reach the other side of the table, it seemed as though they might slip and fall out of their chair.

i didn't mean to stare, truly, but i couldn't help it. i didn't stop until i heard valentine talk.

"funny, huh? how some people can find their temporary happiness so easily, while others look aimlessly for the one that can at least satisfy certain expectations that they've set." she said, looking at the table as i was, "anyways, food's coming. you have to try the cheese pizza here, it is so good."

though the pizza was a pretty good distraction from the two others sitting ever so closely to us, i swear they seem to be getting closer and closer to our table by the second, but it was still hard to ignore them. especially when you have functional ears.

you have no idea how relieved it was to find that the other table have left. though they were the only other table that was fighting the silent atmosphere, it seemed like though there were thousands. perhaps even more. right then, a huge family party with screaming kids would've been much relaxing then having them, in front of my face like a fantasy in construction.

honestly, i'm not sure how i got to compare them to a group party with kids out of control, i've never been to a party before. but maybe it was the way that valentine would continuously stare at them, like as if she was awaiting for her prince charming to come and swoop her off her feet. but it wasn't going to happen. i watched as her hopeful face turn to a sort of distorted disappointment.

was she waiting for me?

no.

no one wants to date a person who can't even voice their opinions. it's like being with a plank, except all the more awkward because you know they have opinions.

/end/
whoops, sorry it took so long to update. i don't really have any excuses to offer except for the fact that i haven't really been feeling inspired so :/ but i'll try to update whenever i can think of something to advance the plot, because i don't want this story to go on forever XD anywho, i hope you guys understand :-)