twenty-four

[unedited]

/logan/

after some more awkward exchanges, we were off. i wanted to tell valentine that i was sorry, that i didn't realise that i'd drag her into talking to my parents. but i didn't. but i couldn't.

she turned the radio down after sometime, "your parents were really cool," she said and i snorted, "no, like for real, they were really cool people." i knew that she was somewhat chuckling but i felt what she said was genuine.

"well, anyway, it's already eleven-thirty, i was hoping to take you to the bowling alley first and then to the radio station." my heart sped as she spoke. what? "but i guess we'll just have to go to the station first and then the bowling alley. which shouldn't be too much trouble since it's only thirty minutes today, cause it's a friday."

she stopped and smiled, turning into a corner that surrounds a huge building. she parked swiftly and took me into the building. it wasn't special, i have to say. not what i had anticipated. but it was still cool.

the cold blue colour of the floor felt refreshening, and contrasted against the hot, humid weather outside. we waited for the elevator and went in it once it had arrived. and i watched as she pressed the '14' button. and then we were off.

the elevator music hummed at us as we escalated.

finally, the door opens and i internally sigh with relief. but that did not help prepare me for what was in front of me. the office building was, well, unusual. it had plushy toys all over the place. there were strings of silly strings hanging loosely on the ceiling of the place. and the wall was imprinted with hand prints, dipped in paint. the rainbow colour and the silliness took me a back.

"expected something serious?" valentine asked humorously and i nod, "just wait until you meet the staff here."

i didn't have to. one of the people working here walked out at that very moment. she had brown hair, "oh! hey! you must be logan!" she reached out to shake my hand, "hi! i'm diane. do come in!" she notes and grabbed my hand.

"surprise!" someone called, shooting silly strings at my face, "meant to be a sort of welcome. valentine has told us a shit ton of stuff about you."

he was a man in his 20s, i believe, but his hairy complexion may lead you to think he's older. his broad shoulders and big beard that clogged the bottom half of his face made me feel scrawny. but i felt welcomed.

"well, take a seat, valentine here is about to go on air." diane said as she patted at the seat next to her, "the others will come soon, they're usually late." she laughed, putting on her headphones.

so i sat. and i watched as valentine put on her own pair of pastel purple headphones.

[author's note]
obviously, RG is ending soon :'(
and sorry if i haven't been so active, i've been updating my other newer books and also planning out how i want this to end.

*so emotional* *le cris*