Chapter 8 (Pic of Damon)

I know it's been forever and I'm soo sorry for that! How can you ever forgive me? I've been going through a load of crap for several months that has led me to be distracted by my writing, but, I manaeged to find some time and write this chapter for you guys!

Are you excited to find out what happens? Me too!! EEEP!! I know, I know I wrote it, so why should I be excited, but I am! FOR YOU GUYS!

I wanted to apologize ahead of time for the short chapter, I'm really sorry about that, but I'll try and make it longer in the future! I promise!

Also! This chapter is dedicated to ------------->> @carkeyk7 for being ONE OUT OF MANY for encouraging me to write this darned chapter! So, enough of me talking!

Don't forget to vote and comment and fan if you haven't already and enjoy!

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Chapter 8

"When you have found love such as this, you would wait an eternity and more for a taste of it again."

-          Elizabeth Borous, Lady Oakenshield

*Hadrian*

Hadrian watched in satisfaction to see a little bit of Lord Ashwin's features pale.

Good. He thought.

Perhaps he may have been overreacting, but he didn't give a damn, not when Rhea was concerned. When he saw the bloody fool flirting with his woman he wanted to beat the boy to a bloody pulp!

Hadrian clenched his jaw in determination; he did not enjoy these feelings that Rhea had evoked in him. Matter of fact, he hated them. He was loosing his senses! Acting like a young pup!

Lord Ashwin's Adam's Apple bobbed as he swallowed largely. Hadrian narrowed his eyes on him and finally the man moved away from Rhea, faced Hadrian and made an exaggerated bow, and then proceeded to take his leave of the dance floor.

Hadrian did not allow Rhea to say another word before he gathered her into his arms and moved to the steps of the dance. When she still said nothing, Hadrian happened to glance upon her.

Her lips were in a smooth tight line; it made him want to take her lips with his and show her whom she belonged to. As much as he wanted to, he could not very well do it in front of hundreds of guests.

Hadrian clenched his fists around her waist and brought her closer, she flinched lightly but he managed to get her pressed against him.

Hadrian was tired of this nonsense. He wanted to have a good relationship with his future wife, but she was not helping his cause. He was acting like a jealous husband!

He wasn't even officially her fiancé! How could he bear through the fact that other young hooligans wanted her hand in a dance or two?

"You are quiet, my lady." Hadrian murmured. He felt her stiffen even more underneath him.

He was beginning to regret his earlier actions with the young Lord Ashwin, but even the memory of him holding his woman made the guilt instantly vanish.

"I have my reasons." was all she answered. Hadrian looked down to see her looking away from him, towards the stander-by's. He could tell she was angry with him.

If only she knew how he felt, what he was dealing with!

He moved his hand from hers and lifted her chin to meet his eyes. Her fiery gaze caught his and held them. To see such fire in her, in his lovable, sweet, kind woman, made his desire for her strengthen.