Chapter 15 (Pic of Annabel)

Hey guys, this is the full version! I managed to finish the rest of the chapter and wanted to post it right away!

**IF YOU ARE CONFUSED BY THE FACT THAT I SAID FULL VERSION, PLEASE DO NOT BE CONCERNED!! I HAD PUT UP A TEASER EARLIER SO THAT READERS COULD GET A BIT OF THE CHAPTER!!**

Now, you may read, lol!!! Also know that the teaser will be taken down!! So if you voted on the teaser, it will be deleted along with the teaser, as well as comments, so please, feel free to comment again!

Thanks guys! Happy reading!

Anna

P.S: If you're wondering about the fact that there is two different quotes, don't worry!!! Just read the chapter, and then be like "aahh, that Anna is so smart!" ;)

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

"Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold."

- Joseph Parry

"Nothin' similar to holdin' a new one in your arms while they look up at you, knowing that's your pa."

- Fred Gregory, The Duke's Wife

*Rhea*

Over the next few weeks Rhea experienced marital bliss. She felt the bond between her and Hadrian growing stronger and could not contain her glee over the fact. Although, Hadrian may deny it publicly, she was sure he felt something for her.

Currently, she was in the garden strolling down the pathway. She was coming to love the country. It was quiet and peaceful and it felt very much different from London's polluted air.

Rhea momentarily closed her eyes and inhaled the sweet smelling roses. In the past days, Rhea found Hadrian working determinedly in his study; she was curious to what he was doing. Many times she wanted to bring it up, but it never seemed the right time.

She wondered if that was his way of avoiding her and these emotions that she was positive he felt. It had to be. As much as she wanted to dwell on those matters, she felt herself succumbing to the pleasantness of the outdoors.

"Lady Vale?" Rhea looked up at the interruption of her thoughts. She smiled slightly when she saw a young boy stumbling his way towards her.

"Edward! How do you do?" She asked.

Edward gave her a shy smile and commented softly, "Fine, my lady." He looked down and, then, abruptly remembering something, he stood straight and announced that she had visitors.

Rhea's eyebrows raised; who did she know that was in the country?

For a moment, Rhea dreaded walking into the parlor. She prayed that it was not that vile woman, Carolotta Adair. She did not think she could withstand another visit from her.

She turned back to where Edward vanished to, leaving her to her thoughts. She should've asked about the visitor.

With a shake of her head she headed back toward the house and stood tall. She felt her curiosity overtake her and couldn't help but quicken her step to find out who the person was.

She entered the house and started toward the parlor. She opened the doors and scanned the settings and found a blonde haired woman gazing at her, she smiled awkwardly at the stranger.

"Oh, um . . . good afternoon, my lady." Rhea stammered. The young lady smiled and giggled.

"Oh please, no one has called me that in years!" The young woman protested. "My, Hadrian really did it." the woman murmured.