Chapter 10 (Pic of Lord Utteridge)

Hey guys!! I've been getting soo many great responses that I couldn't help but deliver another chapter! I am so excited because my story has hit Historical Fiction #6!!! Can you believe it? AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS! I mean, without your help and support I wouldn't have gotten this far so I want to thank ALL of you!

Thank you to my fans, you guys are absolutely wonderful and helping out in the best way you can!

Thank you to my commentors(ers) who've delievered such great reviews, yet constructive! You guys are just, THE BEST, I really needed those comments!

Thank you to my voters, you guys are a HUGE help to, without you my story would remain voteless and nobody would want to wonder "Why the freak does she have soo many voters?" and check it out .. SO THANK YOU GUYS!!

Here's the next chapter!

~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

"I no longer believed in the idea of soul-mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed to separate beings to hinge together."

- Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil

*Rhea*

Rhea's hand tingled in his grasp and she nearly pulled back with the shock of it, but she couldn't because of the tight grip that he held it with. She looked down, trying to hide her emotions before he could see.

"I wanted to apologize for that night." Hadrian said his voice deep and low. Rhea nearly shivered with pleasure; just from hearing his voice.

How can somebody be that alluring?

"Oh." Rhea couldn't believe he was actually bringing that up. Was he still thinking upon that? Yes, she had thought, constantly, of him since that day at the Soiree, but never had she thought he would apologize.

She had seen too much arrogance and pride in him to think he might apologize to the king himself, much less her!

"It was wrong of me to let myself be guided by mistreated feelings." Hadrian continued.

"Your Grace, I assure you; it is long forgotten. I have not held that mishap against you." Rhea assured. Hadrian paused, making her stop with him before carrying on.

"I see." Hadrian became quiet. Rhea wondered if he had made out a well, thought out speech. She instantly felt bad that she had suddenly cut him off.

"Of course, if you wish to say something-" she quickly added, not wanting to make the situation worse, but Hadrian smiled; a genuine one, at that, and stopped her.

"No, 'Tis alright."

A comfortable silence fell between them. What more was there to say? They were to be married in three days time and they knew nothing of the other. Rhea felt queasiness settle in her stomach.

She was about to excuse herself, to return to her room, when Hadrian stopped at the fountain in the middle of the garden and turned to her with a determined look.

"I came today to make amends, yes, but not only that, Rhea." He said. Rhea's heart beat faster when he said her name as if he was caressing it. "I came as a future husband to his wife. We are to be married in less than a week and, yet, we have not spent more than a few moments in one's company."

Rhea bristled slightly. "I am sorry if Your Grace feels as if I am neglecting the duties of a-"

"I am not condemning you, my love." Hadrian's voice turned husky and immediately, Rhea stopped speaking. Her mind went to their scorching, soul-searching kiss the other night.