Chapter 31 (Pic of Clarke)

Hello, my loves! I want to apologize again about making you all wait 2 more days, but it's what it is, at this point. I hope you all enjoy the chapter!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow; I always look forward to reading your comments.

P.S: The pic above is Clarke . . . I couldn't find a picture that represented him perfectly in my mind, but I'm quite satisfied with this one for now. Let me know if you all have any suggestions or what you thought he might very looked like.

P.P.S: Clarke is the one that's boxed in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 31

“That if desperate times call for desperate measures, then I'm free to act as desperately as I wish.”
― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

*Rhea*

Rhea stared in shock at the man sitting on her bed, watching her with what seemed to be nonchalance, but Rhea saw the watchful way he took in their surroundings. Rhea hugged her robe closer to her body, a cold chill running down her spine.

“My Lord Utteridge? What are you doing in my room?” Rhea asked warily, glancing back and forth, looking for some way out.

The older man smiled at her, teeth and all, and it made Rhea feel as if they had established a predator and prey relationship; she being the prey.

“Do you know your husband has been tracking me like an animal for these past few months?” he stated casually.

Rhea’s eyes widened. That is what he has been doing? She thought. Why hadn’t he told her earlier? Why were they after Lord Utteridge?

“I . . . I’m sorry to hear that,” Rhea was at a loss for words. Utteridge grinned at her. “I don’t understand why you are in my room, though, my lord.”

Utteridge waved his hand, as if batting away her concerns. He gave her another chilling smile. “All in due time, my dear. I must say, a part of me understands his fascination with you, but the other half just sees a slip of a girl, nothing special.”

Rhea became indignant, not at all comprehending what he was trying to tell her. She shifted slightly on her feet. Where was Leia? Where was Ashwin? Surely they were wondering about her.

“I must ask you to leave, my lord, as it is not proper for you to be in my rooms without my husband or a chaperone-”

He cut her off, “It doesn’t matter anyway, my dear, we won’t be here for long.”

Rhea held back the fear that was eager to flow out. She had to get someone to notice her in her room; perhaps a cry of distress will raise alarm to any neighboring occupied rooms? Rhea prepared to do just that, opening her mouth, but Utteridge strode forward, grabbing her jaw with a single hand and clenching.

“I would not do that if I were you, my lady, we would not want to cause . . . any casualties.”

Rhea’s brows raised, “Casualties?”

Utteridge turned toward the adjourning door, “Bring her in.”

The door opened to reveal Leia, still in her day dress from this afternoon, arms bound behind her, a cloth in her mouth, and her hair disheveled. Rhea’s mouth opened on a slight cry. Utteridge gripped her harder.

“Careful, my lady, not a peep to be heard from you. Understand?” Utteridge warned.

Rhea took that moment to look behind Leia, to the person who had opened the door and brought her in, holding a gun to Leia’s side. Rhea’s eyes widened once more in despair and betrayal.