Chapter 23

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait!!! I hope you enjoy . . . I threw a little twist in there, tell me what you think!

Anna

P.S.: Please do NOT advertise your stories on my book, it's soo disrespectful!! To me, you doing that is like your disregarding the fact that this is my book and encouraging others to read your book. I have no problem getting PRIVATE MESSAGES asking me if it would be fine to mention your story in my authors note!! In fact I encourage it!! All of you writers are amazing, your brave enough to share your story and create something wonderful and have such a selfless ability in sharing it, I love it!! But please don't take advantage of that. Once you've lost my respect it's hard to get it back!! Thanks to all of you that have strode to respect my wishes and thank you soo much for all of your support!! I love the comments!

~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23

“It is dangerous to exist in the world. To exist is to be threatened. We must live with threats.”

-            Adam Levin, The Instructions

*Rhea*

Rhea smiled, happy to see the gay scene before her. She couldn’t believe how well Leia was doing with Lord Dalting, she was seeing promising results from the way Leia outright denied wanting anything to do with Matthew. Rhea knew better.

Beside her, Beth stood silently, drinking her refreshments bestowed on her by young Lord Ashford. Poor thing, he was utterly besotted but anyone could see Beth’s thoughts were elsewhere.

Rhea frowned, thinking upon the many ways she could introduce a suitor that would capture Beth’s heart and thrust this ever growing sadness away from her. As if knowing she was of Rhea’s thoughts, Beth looked her way.

Beth pursed her lips, “I say, Rhea, I do not like that look.”

Rhea feigned ignorance. “I don’t understand, Beth, I was merely lost in thought,”

“That, my friend, is utter nonsense. I know that look, you appear to be very similar to the conniving Miss Penelope Watson.” Beth stated. At the mention of the scandalizing woman, Rhea turned to search her out in the crowd.

Miss Watson was surrounded by a crowd of young suitors, eager for the attention of the debutante who showed an astonishing amount of cleavage. Rhea wrinkled her nose slightly, she did not like that woman atall . . . if she was mistaken, not too long ago there was word that Miss Watson tried to seduce Hadrian.

Rhea scowled. Oh yes, she resented the woman very much.

“I am nothing like her, Beth. I’m insulted you would think so,” Rhea sniffed slightly.

Beth hid her grin, “Yes, you would be. Any ways, how is Lord Vale?”

“He is absolutely wonderful,” Rhea smiled. She was still dazed by an impromptu event earlier. This event included Hadrian and she would be lying should she say she didn’t enjoy herself.

He had taken it upon himself to grace her with lunch outside in their beautiful garden. Rhea had been pleasantly surprised, seeing that Hadrian was very cautious taking her anywhere outdoors. She had been grateful for the interlude, taking her mind from troublesome things.