Part 5

Anthony:

While filming the next day, I couldn't help but notice our crew acting abnormally strange. They weren't as happy and like, energetic like usual, but they were more... awkward. They just seemed uncomfortable the whole time, and just wanted to get done as soon as possible. Which was really strange.

I think Ian noticed it too, because every time we made eye contact, I could read his eyes perfectly, and they seemed to say "Did we do something?"

At the end of the afternoon, when the sun was just beginning to set and we had about half the necessary shots for the video, Ian and I shared a glance as the crew began packing up, and I cleared my throat.

"Hey, guys, is something going on? You seem... weird today."

A couple crew members exchanged glances, and then our light guy, John, spoke. "Actually, we were just about to ask you something."

"What?" Ian asked.

He produced his phone from his pocket and awkwardly cleared his throat. "Well, I got on the Smosh Twitter last night to promote a couple articles, and noticed you guys had like, ten billion notifictions..." He handed Ian the phone, but didn't stop talking. "So I went on your timeline and scrolled a little, and this picture was everywhere. I mean, it's not really a big deal, we just wanna know if it's true."

Our crew nodded simultaneously, and I looked over to see Ian staring at the screen, his face pale and eyes wide, his mouth forming a perfectly straight line.

I walked over to him and took the phone, examining the screen. Sure enough, a picture of Ian and I illuminated off the screen. I had to squint at it to make it out, because it was pretty blurry and obviously taken with the crappy zoom of an iPhone camera.

And then I made it out.

A picture a fan must have taken of Ian and I walking across the Mars parking lot yesterday, hand in hand.

Shit.

I felt my face drain of color, and my hand started shaking a little. Do we tell them the truth, or make up some bullshit lie? No, Ian and I were both terrible liars, especially on the spot like this. And besides, it was just our crew. They would find out eventually. Best to just get it out now.

I handed John his phone, avoiding eye contact, and looked over at Ian. He stared at the ground, trying to look casual. He was gonna let me decide. He wasn't gonna speak, or look at them, or anything. He was just gonna sit there and let me decide whether or not we tell some of the most important people in our lives our biggest secret.

And he wonders why I feel like he's embarrassed to be with me.

"Yes," I stated firmly. "It's true. We're dating."

I felt Ian's eyes on me, but I didn't care. I just stood firmly, watching the rections on their faces. They were obviously shocked for a moment. Well, some of them at least. A few of them just nodded, like they knew beforehand.

"Hey, congrats guys!" a camera guy, Drew, shouted.

"Yeah, that's awesome!" another called out.

And then suddenly, they started clapping. And patting us on the back, and smiling, and acting like it was the greatest news they've ever heard.

It was really a great feeling, and not really what I was expecting.

"Why didn't you guys tell us before?!" John asked, smiling.

I shrugged. "We didn't tell anybody. You guys are the second to know, actually."

"Well, how long has it been?"

Spilledजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें