Part 11

Anthony:

Three days passed, and things got really awkward again.

Just, everything, seemed to fall out of place. When Ian went on his date, I was crushed. He hasn't gone on any more since then, thank God, but it still killed me. So, what do I do? Pretend to get back together with Kalel. 

Yeah, of course I wasn't actually back with her. I never wanted to. I broke up with her for a good reason, and never wanted to re-visit that. If I couldn't be with Ian, I wouldn't be with anyone.

But, as far as he knew, Kalel and I were in a relationship again. Why I was letting him believe this; I honestly don't know. Maybe I was just pure evil and loved seeing him this jealous. Maybe I thought this would help him apologize sooner. Maybe, somehow, this would help us.

-

It was Thursday night, and today, we filmed Lunchtime with Smosh. It was actually extremely awkward and wasn't, like, fun, like usual. But, we were almost out of usuable footage and needed something. Ian was in the computer room editing it, and I had gone on a "date with Kalel." A.K.A., going off to Taco Bell by myself and eating it alone in my car.

I had bought Ian one of those cookie sandwiches they now sold there, because I knew he loved them and would appreciate the small gesture. So, I went to open the door to the computer room, but froze when my hand was resting on the metal handle.

Ian was talking to someone on the phone.

Even though I knew I should have left and given him some privacy, I couldn't. I just pressed my ear against the wood and strained to pick it up.

"Yeah... Like, six... Yes, I'm sure... Thanks... Yeah, love you too... See you then."

Love you too?    

I slowly backed away from the door, my heart picking up pace. Who was he talking to? Was it the same person he was on the phone with that one night, or someone else? 

I returned to the kitchen and slumped against the counter, my head spinning. He was keeping something from me, I could tell. There was something he wasn't telling me.

I stayed like that for a minute, just staring at the floor, breathing heavily and terribly scared, until I decided it had been enough time to give him his cookie. So, I slowly returned to the computer room, and this time, opened the door casually, trying to make it seem like I just got home.

He was doing something on the computer. Something other than editing. I really wish I could have had more time to see what it was, but he closed the tab and showed a blank home screen before I could see anything.

"Jesus, ever heard of knocking?" he asked, startled, turning around to look at me.

"Uh, sorry..." I trailed off. "I, uh, got you something."

I tossed him the sandwich, and he smiled a little.

"Hey, thanks." He unwrapped it and cleared his throat. "So, how was the, uh, date?"

I put on a fake smile, and told the biggest lie of my life. "Great. The whole thing is really going pretty well."

He nodded. "Good for you, man."

I was a little shocked at his response, considering just yesterday he still seemed really pissed about the whole thing.

"Uh, yeah."

We sat in awkward silence for a moment, and then I cleared my throat.

"So, you editing?"

He took a bite and nodded a little. "Yeah."

"Okay."

Not really knowing what else to say, I left. I went to my room and sat down on my bed, frowning. This whole thing really sucked. 

I just wanted to be with him.

A/N: Hooray for extremely short and sucky filler chapters! :D Haha, things get really intense tomorrow though o.o haha okok peaceskies \(^.^)/