Part 15

Ian:

I was helping my sister make dinner, despite my, um, unfortunate cooking skills, when there was a knock on the door.

Even though I was closest to the door, I didn't exactly feel comfortable answering any door other than my own. So, she went to see who it was, while I chopped my celery in silence, trying to get all the negative thoughts out of my head and just enjoy my week with my sister.

I heard her swing open the wooden door, my back facing it, and heard her gasp a little.

"Oh." I froze and listened. "Uh, hi."

"Hi. You... you probably know why I'm here."

I knew that voice.

That voice... my favorite voice in the whole world. 

Coming from my favorite person in the whole world.

I set the knife down and spun around on my heel, as it all sunk in. He was here. He found me. Somehow, in some miraculous way only he could pull off, he found me.

My sister looked over at me, obviously surprised. I found myself slowly walking over, my head spinning. How? How did he find me?

I stopped when I was just out of sight of the door, and my sister shot me a final glance before stepping aside. I breathed in deep and took a single step, and there he was. His messy hair, his gorwing stubble that he obviously didn't care about at the moment, his sleepy-but-still-astonishingly-magnificent brown eyes, his beautifully carved face twisted into a mix of worry, relief, and shock.

He stared at me, and I stared at him, and then he stepped forward and threw his arms around my neck, pulling me into an unbreakable embrace.

"Jesus Christ, Ian," he breathed into my hair, his breath tickling my ear. I hesitantly hugged him back, still in complete shock.

He backed away after a second and looked at me, and I realized there were tears in his eyes. I stared at him hard, because I just couldn't believe he was really there. And then when it hit me, I felt myself crying too, because I just loved him so much.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" he asked, slumping over a little. "I was worried sick."

He hugged me again, but this time slower and deeper, around the waist, resting his head between my shoulder and neck. I pressed my head against his, breathing in his scent, and I couldn't find an answer to that question. What the hell was wrong with me? Everything; that was the answer. 

He pulled away once more, and I cleared my throat as he wiped a single tear from under his eye.

"You wanna go somewhere?" I asked, realizing that my sister had left, but still wanting more privacy. "There's this really good sushi place down the street."

He shook his head. "But you don't like sushi."

"Yeah, but you do," I argued. It was true; I hated sushi with all my being. Even the word could ruin my appetite for a week. But for some reason dead, smelly fish wrapped in rice-that-tastes-like-nothing was Anthony's favorite. And I wanted him to be happy, because he deserved it. He deserved it so much more than me.

"No. We're gonna go somewhere we both like."

I smiled a little, but felt defeated. I didn't deserve to go somewhere I liked. I made the love of my life go through so much pain. I was a terrible person.

"So... where?"

He shrugged. "We could just go walk somewhere. See if anything sounds good."

I nodded. "Let me just go tell my sister we're going."

I walked down the hall, my head still spiraling at the whole situation, and leaned my head in her bedroom doorway. Mike was sitting at his computer working, and she was sitting on the bed, talking to him, even though it looked like he wasn't paying much attention.

"Hey, um, we're gonna go... out for a while."

"Okay, have fun."

I smiled a little and went to leave, but she called me again.

"Oh, and Ian?"

"Yeah?"

She smiled. "Go get him."

A/N: There's only one part left guys D: But yeah. As excited I am for the next fic, I'm gonna miss this. What do you guys think? Okok peaceskies \(^.^)/