Part 10

Ian:

Of course, I wasn't actually going on a date.

I don't think I could. I still loved Anthony, and that was a definite fact. Even if it was just to make him jealous, I knew I wouldn't be able to go out with anyone but him. It would kill me.

I only said it to: a. see his recation and b. because I didn't want him to know where I was really going.

And his reaction went pretty well. Like, since I know he's already over me, I was expecting him to have the "whatever" effect, and maybe even be happy that I finally was able to move on. But he actually seemed almost dissapointed. I could tell he was crushed. He was trying to hide it, obviously, but I could see through the pain.

And that made me extremely happy, and gave me a small sense of hope.

Maybe he wasn't really over me. Maybe everything would go the way they're supposed to.

But, at least for a while, I would let him believe I was off on a date, because it provided an excuse I needed.

-

I pulled into the driveway of my mom's house, sighing. I was here for two reasons: to tell her about the break-up (she still didn't know), and to ask her opinions on my plan.

My mom was inside, sitting at the table doing some form of knitting (crocheting, was it?) she had been big into lately, and smiled when she saw me.

"Ian!" she exclaimed, standing up to hug me.

"Hey, mom," I said, returning the hug.

"What are you doing here, honey?"

I bit my lip and sighed. "I sort of want to talk to you about a few things."

Her face twisted into a look of concern, and I smiled a little to show everything was okay. Sort of.

"Oh, alright. Sit down, sit down. Oh, and I made croissants earlier-"

"I'm fine, mom. I actually can't stay long anyways."

She turned arond and raised an eyebrow. "You sure? They have cheese in the middle, your favorite..."

"Thanks mom, but I gotta go film soon."

"Oh, okay." We both sat down at the table, and I nervously chewed my lip. I had no idea how she would respond to both forms of news, and I had a feeling deep in my gut she wouldn't like either.

"So, what's up, sweetie?"

I set my arms in my lap and twisted my fingers around. "I have two things, actually."

She nodded, folding her arms across the table. The expression plastered to her face reminded me of when I would come home from school in a bad mood and she would make me tell her all about it.

I sighed. "Mom, Anthony and I split up."

Her face fell; her eyebrows sunk to just above her lashes, her eyes grew with a mix of sympathy and shock, and her mouth drooped into a frown. I bit my lip again to keep it from quivering and smiled just a little to show I wasn't still in complete depression.

"Oh, sweetie," she said, standing up to hug me again. I hugged her back while she muttered things like "oh no" and "poor thing."

We sat back down, and her face turned to more confused than sympathetic.

"When? Why?"

I took a deep breath. "A little over a week ago. I just... never got around to telling you. Or anyone, actually." I ran my fingers through my hair. "And we just got in this big fight because I wasn't ready to tell our fans we were a couple yet, and he got really mad and said that we either told them right then or it was over, and I said I still wasn't ready, and then he dumped me."

She reached across the table and grabbed my hand, lightly running her thumb across the back of it. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. Anthony really loves you. I can tell. I'm sure you'll work things out."

I nodded a little. "I sure hope so."

She smiled just a little, and then patted my hand before letting go. "So, what was the other thing you needed to tell me?"

"Oh. Yeah." I sat up straighter and took a deep breath before revealing my whole plan, every single little detail. I watched her face the whole time, and I have to say, her expression shocked me a little. I was expecting her to be completely shocked, maybe even think I'm completely insane, and almost dissaproving. But her face remained pretty calm and expressionless the whole time, and she nodded every once and a while. After I told her, I raised my eyebrows, as if asking what she thought.

"Well, Ian, I think you need to do whatever you need to do. I aso think you're one-hundred percent crazy, but I've known that since the second you were born."

-

When I returned home, Anthony was in the kitchen, making some sort of microwaveable chicken. He looked at me and smiled a little as a greeting.

"Hey, man," I said, sounding sort of dissapointed. 

If I was going to make the plan work, I needed him to know I wasn't ready to date anyone else yet.

"How was your date?" he asked sort of quietly, turning away from me.

I sighed nonchalantly. "Bad. Definitely not gonna work."

Even though he was facing the opposite direction, I could almost feel him smiling. And that made me smile also, but also made my heart ache, because I didn't wanna have to do this to him. But, like my mom said, I needed to do whatever I needed to do.

"Sucks. Sorry, man," he said, doing something on his phone.

"Who're you texting?" I asked, kicking my shoes off and setting my keys on the table.

"Uh, no one."

I gave him the do-you-think-I'm-fucking-retarded-look, and he awkwardly put his phone back in his pocket innocently.

"I'm uh, talking to Kalel again."

This took me back. I cleched my jaw shut to keep my mouth from falling open and turned around to try to hide my dissapointment. No, this couldn't be happening. This would totally screw up the plan.

No, it wouldn't. I wasn't backing down now.

"Oh," I said, awkwardly speaking with my back half-to him.

"Yeah."

I stood in the middle of the awkward silence as Anthony bit into his chicken and tried not to let this make me too mad. Honestly, I never liked Kalel. Even when they were dating. And it wasn't just because she was with the man I loved, she was just so god damn annoying. If they got together again... But maybe this could help the plan. Maybe it would help him realize.

"Well, good for you, man," I said awkwardly, before heading straight down the hall. I turned into my room and shut the door behind me, then slumped down with my back against it. I just sat there, thinking. About what could go wrong. About how much I secretly despised Kalel. About how much I fucking loved him.

And then I stood up and began to make arrangements, because if this was going to work, I would have to do it right.

A/N: Ooh, suspense .-. what do you think Ian's little "plan" is? ;D Oh, and I know I said before that I usually give their girlfriends fake names when I write, and I usually do, but... Ian and I sort of have the same views on Kalel >.> *hides face* don't hate me guys, I'm sorry D: Oh, and she doesn't do anything like, bad I guess to him in this story, so it doesn't matter. Ya feel? Idk, I'm weird :P Okok peaceskies \(^.^)/