Chapter Seventeen

You know when it feels so warm you just feel sleepy, like on a hot summers day you just want to sleep and sleep and not wake up till night. Well that's what I was feeling. I could tell I was in a dream with these velvet blankets and a warm bed not wanting to wake up anytime soon.

I turned over feeling warm hands pull me close. They were gentler then I remembered but I didn't know why I was dreaming about him? Surely it doesn't take this long to get over an ex-boyfriend? I didn't get why I had to keep thinking about him, I never really was hurt in the first place, or So i think.

The warm hands enclosed around my back pulling me into a hard strong chest. I never realised how strong James was either. He was always one of those scrawny kids and it wasn't till he went to Uni he decided to shape up but even that barely did anything to him but who cares.

I snuggled closer embracing the warmth, oh this beat ducted heating any day. I could feel his chin on my head tucking my head between the gap in his neck and chest, like a perfect jigsaw piece. I took a deep breathe letting his scent intoxicate me, James even smelt different. He never had this rich masculine spicy smell, maybe he changed his shampoo again?

He did that way too many times then a girl, which annoyed me how long he took to get ready and still ended up looking like a twerp most times. 

I stretched my right arm out wrapping it around his waist as I felt his hands on my lower back and I felt myself shift to lie half on top of him on my front half. Somehow it was more comfortable than sleeping on this soft bed. His chest was soft but hard being the perfect pillow while the rest of me just fit into him like a puzzle.

How come I never noticed this before?

I suddenly felt him jerk and pull away and I groaned feeling the cold air and shivered before I felt the warmth return and smiled snuggling up. A finger traced my eyelid and down my nose to my cheek and I frowned.

"James stop that," I snapped. The hand froze and in no time it was gone and I sighed taking a deep breathe and letting the sleep envelope me. God I hadn't slept like this in ages.

What was that sound? It was like the sound of horse hooves on a barren country road pacing themselves and going to the other side, It was steady and...was that a heart beat?

Why on earth can I hear a heart beat?

I opened my eyes blinking a couple of times trying to see clearly and stared into the curtains. My neck cracked from sleeping in a strange but comfortable position. I tried sitting up and realised I was sprawled all over Darius and my mouth fell open.

Well this was awkward.

He was still asleep his dark hair ruffled messily and somehow I had used him as a human pillow, teddy bear or bed last night. Oh shit. 

I placed a hand on the bed pushing myself up but got no where realising his hands were on my lower back holding me in place, like he was hugging me or something.

"Oh shit," I snapped. I have to wake him immediately! I though this idiot was on the floor? Does that mean the dream wasn-

He moved and I froze staring at his face. The sun was just rising it's rays hitting his face highlighting his perfect features and I frowned. Why were some people just so perfect. It made me sad. 

His eyes opened and he looked around before his eyes met mine and my cheeks flared, please tell me he didn't see me checking him out.

"Morning," he said closing them again and I froze.