New Years (Niff)

A/N: Companion to the Coopava oneshot awhile back. Takes place at the same New Year's party!

xx

Time is ticking and where the hell is Jeff? Seriously, Nick was just with him, talking to Trent over by Blaine's kitchen. Nick had excused himself to go to the bathroom (also known as "escaped to go freshen up before the clock strikes midnight and its officially 2013 and you get to get your New Year's kiss"), and when he returned to the kitchen, Jeff was absolutely nowhere to be found. Everybody was cheering "five minutes until 2013!" and Nick had no. freaking. clue. where Jeff was, and he was beyond worried.

Nick hurriedly made his way past crowds of people. It was around that time where everyone began to couple up, standing next to that one special person that you'd want to begin your New Year with. Unfortunately for Nick, that one person was absolutely nowhere to be found.

You'd think that a head of hair like Jeff's bright blonde and definitely distinguishable would be an easy thing to pull out of a crown, but Nick learned quickly enough that it definitely was not.

"Have you seen Jeff anywhere?" Nick asked hopefully. Trent smiled politely in his answer, a bit sympathetic if nothing else.

"No, sorry. He left shortly after you did. Didn't say where he was headed. I can't remember which direction he went either..." Nick's face deadpanned.

"Thanks, Trent. Happy early New Year." he offered sweetly, but his voice was drenched with disappointment.

"You too! Good luck finding Jeff." Nick nodded a quick thanks before darting off to look some more.

After a minute or two of running around like an idiot, he spotted Kurt and Blaine talking to each other beside the balcony. Nick rushed over to them, clapping Blaine on the shoulder and speaking loudly.

"Hey, Blaine! Have you seen Jeff anywhere?"

"Um, no... I don't think I have." Blaine replied, trying his best to raise his voice above the loud crowd.

"I have!" Kurt said, his eyes alert. Nick perked up immediately. "He talked to me like... five minutes ago. He was looking for you."

"Do you know what direction he went?" Nick asked hopefully, and he grinned when Kurt pointed towards the front of the house. Nick offered a hurried thanks before he rushed off in that direction.

He pushed his way through the bodies. Shouts told him he only had a minute left. Shit, he was going to miss it. He kept walking, looking at the crowd, hoping that a certain blonde head would make itself visible, but no such luck.

He was almost crying at this point. It was pretty much midnight, the start of the New Year, and his boyfriend was gone.

"No New Year's kiss for me..." Nick sighed under his breath, just as someone tapped on his shoulder. He whipped around to find a flustered Jeff standing before him.

"Nick! You idiot, there you are!" Jeff exclaimed, and the countdown began.

"Ten!"

"I'm the idiot?! What the hell, Jeff?"

"Nine!"

"You can't just go running off right before midnight! I was looking everywhere!"

"Eight!"

"Excuse me, I was running off?"

"Seven!"

"You were the one who ran off! I was the one looking everywhere for you!"

"Six!"

"I didn't run off, I went to the bathroom!"

"Five!"

"Well, you could have told me that!"

"Four!"

"I did, you idiot! You weren't listening!"

"Three!"

"Oh... well... sorry."

"Two!"

"Yeah, sure. Apologize now."

"One!"

"I love you, you asshole."

"Happy New Year!"

"I love you, too."

As confetti was released and cheers were sounded, Nick and Jeff's lips crashed together in a moment of passion. Everybody else was gone. It was just Nick and Jeff. Jeff, the jerk who wasn't listening when his boyfriend told him where he was disappearing to, and Nick, the asshole who didn't make it perfectly clear to his boyfriend that he would be right back.

It didn't matter, in the end. They found each other. They always did.