Sweater Weather (Pezberry)

a/n: really short pezberry thing based off a scene in "previously unaired christmas" where santana is wearing a particularly rachel-esque sweater in the loft

x

“Mmm, thanks. You’re a lifesaver. I thought I was going to freeze to death,” Rachel murmured, carefully taking the mug of hot cocoa that Santana was holding out and smiling up at her affectionately.

“Don’t know why you couldn’t have made your own damn cocoa…” Santana scoffed, straightening back up and crossing her arms, holding her own mug close to her body. Rachel laughed, shaking her head. 

“Hey, you agreed to make it for me. You didn’t have to do that you know.” Santana opened her mouth to reply, but Rachel was quick to interrupt her as she took a moment to observe her girlfriend’s attire. “Wait, is that my sweater?”

"…No," Santana said after a telling pause.

“Yeah, it is,” Rachel said, rather sure of herself.

“No, it’s not.”

"It literally has a reindeer on it."

“It’s not yours, okay?” Santana stressed, her voice raising up to slightly below a yell.

“Well, I’m entirely positive it isn’t yours,” Rachel said, shrugging with amusement. Santana paused before giving up the fight, speaking in a harsh, defensive voice. 

"Its fucking cold out. And I don’t own sweaters. They’re a crime against humanity, but the heat in this building is shit, so…"

“You sound like Kurt,” Rachel laughed loudly, shaking her head at Santana. “That’s totally my sweater. You’re wearing my clothes. Oh my god, that’s adorable.”

“Oh, come on,” Santana rolled her eyes. “Like you don’t wear my shit sometimes.”

“I do,” Rachel beamed up at Santana. “Proudly. But you don’t wear mine, which is why this is so cute!”

Santana groaned, turning away from Rachel to go drink her cocoa in piece. “Fuck off, Berry.”

“Love you, too, babe,” Rachel muttered into her cocoa, sipping it slowly with an amused smile. “Love you, too.”