Ellen's Stardust Diner (Klaine)

A/N: So there was a Glee spoiler that said that they were building a set based on Ellen's Stardust Diner. Basically, it's a diner in NYC that's famous for the fact that the waiters/waitresses perform and jump on the tables and stuff. And that just about drove me mad because I've been talking about that place in regards to Klaine for a whole year. I went there last year and when I came home I started a fic and then eventually forgot about it but now i feel motivated so here is the thing.

I apologize if there are a lot of holes in this but i just picked it up after not touching it for a year so yeah.

xx

Blaine Anderson absolutely adored his job. How could he not? Singing in front of a great crowd, interacting with them and making a pretty sum of money, all of which contributed towards his voice, acting, and dance lessons, and to top it all, this all happens right off of Times Square, on the Great White Way itself.

Alright, to clarify, Blaine wasn't on Broadway. Well, technically he was, but he wasn't part of an actual running show. Or really even a show at all. In fact, Blaine was just wait staff in a diner. But not just any diner. Oh no. Ellen's Stardust Diner, one of the most popular diners in all of NYC.

He had been working at Stardust for almost seven months. After graduating from Dalton Academy back in Ohio, Blaine moved to the Big Apple with his two best friends, Nick and Jeff. The three of them pitched in to pay the rent of a miniscule apartment on the outskirts of the city. It wasn't exactly "living the dream", but it was as close as he was going to get.

Getting hired to work at Ellen's Stardust Diner was quite possibly the best thing that had ever happened to Blaine. Surprisingly, auditioning to get a job at a diner, of all places, was one of the scariest moments of Blaine's life. He had ended up singing "Beauty School Dropout" from Grease, which had won over the owner instantly. At first, working at the diner was miserable. He didn't know anybody, it was always crazy packed, and the hours tended to be long and he'd be too exhausted to do anything other than sleep on his time off. But Blaine quickly made friends. It was actually quite easy, because all of the people working at Stardust shared a common goal, so there was much to bond over. Blaine was close with most of the girls, and even some of the boys, including the assistant manager, Wes.

Today was supposed to be just another normal day working. Blaine came into work just like any other day, prepared to perform a couple of his usual Broadway standards and make it out of there in one piece.

That isn't exactly what happened.

"Next up, we have a brand new face at Ellen's Stardust Diner, ready to make his "Broadway" debut. Give it up for Porcelain!"

At the complete opposite side of the diner, a boy, looking about Blaine's own age, sat at a seat right next to a customer. Blaine had seen him wandering around the diner already today, taking orders and delivering food. He made the assumption that he was just another new kid, and had kind of brushed it off, without paying too much attention. But now, Blaine couldn't look away. This boy was beautiful. He was taller than Blaine (but then again, who wasn't?), thin but not lanky, keeping a good overall figure. His brown hair was perfectly coiffed up. Not a hair was out of place. And his eyes... Blaine could see them clear as day from all the way across the room. They were mostly blue, with hints of green and grey. Overall, this boy was exactly Blaine's type. And he was absolutely perfect.

A microphone already clutched in his hand, he began to sing to the customer, and Blaine's perfect image was about to get even better.

"What's new, New York City?

I'm new, I wanna say I'm just a little stuck on you

You'll be on me too..."

His voice was, in a word, beautiful. Blaine was quick to note that he was a countertenor, a voice that he would have killed to have in the mix of his high school show choir. It was captivating, and that voice alone could have made Blaine fall in love.