Love You For Good (Pezberry)

A/N: This one goes out to MattyBoy1234 who requested some Pezberry! Here is the prompt:

"i hope u dont mind me requesting one on here. could u do a Rachel/Santana one? I'm not sure what that's called, but ive always wanted to know how they might start, PWEEZ?"

~

“Uuugh,” Santana groaned loudly in lieu of a greeting as she trudged into the apartment. “The weather is absolute shit. I’m so damn broke, I don’t even have cash for a cab, so I had to walk, and the snow is--”

Santana stopped dead when she looked up to see Rachel curled up on the sofa, her cheeks splotchy and red and her breathing uneven. Santana hesitated.

“Where’s Blanderson and Lady Hummel?” she asked, trying to postpone any actual confrontation.

“Date night,” Rachel sniffed after a few moments. Santana stood still, staring at Rachel for a long while, not quite knowing what to say to her.

“You okay, Berry?”

“No,” she wailed in response. “Ryan broke up with me.”

“Finally! I knew that guy was way too hot to be--” Santana started before realizing how insensitive she sounded. “I mean... he was a douche and you definitely deserve better.”

“I know, but...” Rachel was definitely crying again. “It just hurts.”

Santana winced as Rachel’s sobs grew louder and louder. Damn, now she probably had to show some form of sympathy. With a mild sense of discomfort, Santana sat down on the sofa next to Rachel. She brought an arm up and placed it on Rachel’s back, and her fingers moved in a slow, circular motion in an attempt to soothe her.

“Shh, Rachel. It’ll be okay.”

“How do you know that, though?” Rachel exclaimed, whipping her head up to look a very bewildered Santana straight in the eye. “Everybody leaves me. They always do. Finn, Jesse, Puck, Brody... And now Ryan. Nobody stays.”

Rachel broke into a more hysterical sob, and it went straight to Santana’s heart.

“No, no, Rachel. You have Kurt and Blaine. They will never leave, and they will never stop loving you. And Tina, and Mercedes... And me. You have me.”

“It’s not the same. I just want somebody to love me.”

“I love you. I love you,” Santana spoke quickly, before leaning in and kissing Rachel with unexpected, but urgent need.

For years to come, Santana would always insist that it was Rachel who made the first move. To which Rachel would calmly disagree and say that, no, it was Santana, reaching out to Rachel in a time of dire need. As it turned out, neither of them were entirely correct, because in fact, it was a long time coming. But how Rachel and Santana came to be was never the important part, anyhow. It was what they shared, and even if their time together included countless arguments, multiple break ups, and multiple make ups, it was worth it. Their love didn’t expire. Neither of them was willing to leave for good.