New Beginnings (Cooper/OC)

A/N: I didn't know where to put this one. It's insanely long for a short so I thought about making it its own thing but that would probably leave a lot of people confused...

So basically... Remember my OC? Ava Dunn, Blaine's childhood best friend? Yeah. I'm setting her up with Blaine's brother Cooper. And this is a story about that. Enjoy, my children.

xxx

It was a cold winter day in Lima, Ohio. Kurt, Blaine, and Ava sat close together inside of the Lima Bean, sipping their coffee slowly and keeping up friendly conversation. It was the beginning of the winter holidays. Kurt was home from New York until after New Year's, and Blaine and Ava were enjoying every millisecond of his company.

"Cooper is coming down for the New Year's party..." Blaine said softly.

"Wait, what?!" Ava squeaked, suddenly very much awake.

"Yeah, he wrapped up his new commercial and agreed to come back up to Westerville for the party."

"Blaine, you idiot! I already agreed to come! You're doing this on purpose, damn it!" she slammed her fist on the table, causing Kurt to jump back in surprise. "That's is, Blaine. I'm not going!"

"Woah, wait." Kurt was clearly confused. "What's all this about?"

"Ava and Coop have some... unresolved issues." Blaine said slowly, not offering all that much of an answer.

"What?!" Kurt said, disbelievingly, looking between Blaine and Ava. "Why haven't I heard of this?"

"It's kind of a rough topic." Ava grumbled, sinking low into her seat.

"Tell me everything, Av." Kurt demanded.

"Ugh. Fine. But only because I know you won't shut up about it if I don't." she sat up straight again and sighted loudly before beginning her story. "It all started the summer I met Blaine. I was sixteen then, young and stupid. Blaine would want to have me over to his house. But of course, his dad wouldn't let a just-a-friend girl come over... you know... because... Yeah, so Blaine had this brilliant idea. He talked to Coop, who was seventeen at the time, and managed to convince him to pretend that I was his girlfriend, that way I could come over to hang out with Blaine. It worked like a charm at first. Until Blaine's dad started catching on to the fact that I avoided physical contact with Cooper and always sat with Blaine. So Cooper... he would start putting his arm around me. And then it was kisses on the cheek, the loving glances and... the more that happened, the more I liked it. And soon, Cooper was kissing me and I was kissing him back. And for awhile, it was kind of perfect. When Blaine walked to the zoo, Cooper would tag along, and even without Blaine's parents around to fool, we still kissed and stuff. I thought I had my first real boyfriend..."

"And you didn't?" Kurt interrupted, curious. Ava shrugged sadly.

"Apparently not. September came and Blaine and I didn't have much time to get together, with school and all. I figured Coop would call me, try and get together, but it never happened. One day I talked to Blaine and he told me that Cooper hat told his parents we had broken up. I was heartbroken. Actually ignored Blaine outside of his frequent zoo trips for nearly two years. It was awful. And then I graduated, went to school, and Cooper was pretty much a memory..."

"Until his commercial." Blaine added. Ava gave a sheepish smile, and a slight nod.

"Yeah, until his commercial. When his first freecreditratingtoday.com/savings commercial came out, I was still in college. Just finishing up, actually. I first saw it... I was in my dorm with my roommates and we were all watching Idol together. I get up to get a drink and I'm hearing his voice in the other room. My friends are going crazy, not for the same reason as me, of course. They rewind the commercial over and over again, making comments about how hot this guys is."